3 Easy Workouts for Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

This year, I’ve been trying to get more in shape. I don’t know about you all, but I’ve been finding it extremely difficult! Today, I wanted to show all of you 3 easy workouts that I’ve found work the best in small spaces! 

Crunches 

Crunches are some of the easiest workouts to do to keep your tummy in tip top shape for Spring Break and beyond! What you are going to want to do is lay out a yoga mat (I found mine really cheap at Forever 21!) and do about 10 reps with you knees bend. 

If you have a little trouble with that, like me, keep your legs together and lift them off the ground about one inch, and try lifting up your upper body. It may seem more difficult at first, but it gives you the same results!

Push-Ups 

push-ups are so easy that you can do them almost anywhere, but when I don’t have time to hit the gym, I do about 15 reps with my desk chair. Okay, this might sound a little weird, but working out with your chair is extremely beneficial to back muscles and your legs! 

First, place your hands directly on the seat of the chair with your legs facing in, but off the ground. Push off the chair to get the best workout for your arms, or do mountain climbers with your legs!
Squats 
This is usually my go to workout to work solely on my lower back and my thighs, you can use the back of your desk chair, your bed or even the wall for this easy workout. 

I usually use the wall, and some weights to achieve this but you are going to want to sit like you would in a chair against the wall, hands by your side and slowly move your back up and down the wall. You can do as many reps of these as you want. 

Okay, ladies, I hope you all enjoyed these simple workouts and I hope they get you ready to take on the beach this Spring Break 2015!  

Cover Photo

Shelby is a senior here at KU. As well as being the Admin Director for Her Campus KU and a Chapter Advisor, she is involved in Student Senate and Alpha Delta Pi. Her obsession with Chipotle is never ending and she can make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Follow her on Twitter @shelsncheese and Instagram @shelbyostrom_