This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Warm weather is known to increase happiness across our beautiful campus. The flowers are blooming outside of Strong Hall, the Chi-O fountain is turned on and we no longer have to worry about wiping out on the ice on our way to class (at least for now). I still see the occasional coat on chilly mornings, but most of us have traded in our snow boots for Birkenstocks. Even though summer is drawing near and the semester is quickly coming to an end, springtime brings its own features to campus. Frat guys have taken back permanent residence on their lawns and every hour at least a dozen crammed cars drive around campus blasting music. There’s just a good feeling in the air and music makes those feelings a whole lot better.

My roommates and I have been getting a free concert outside our window this past week thanks to men of Kappa Sigma and their speaker.  But hey, I’m not opposed to a little Phil Collins on the Tarzan soundtrack- which has been played. If they keep that up my windows will stay open.

So here are some songs to keep you in the happy springtime mood!

1. Honey – Robyn (LOVE her)

2. Supercut – Lorde

3. Like a Prayer – Madonna

4. Straightjacket – Quinn XCII

5. Sunflower – Post Malone & Swae Lee

6. Love It If We Made It – The 1975

7. Make Me Feel – Janelle Monáe

8. Magic In The Hamptons – Social House feat. Lil Yachty

9. Talk – Khalid

10. Waves – Kanye West

11. Don’t Save Me – Haim

12. My My My! – Troye Sivan

13. I Want To Break Free – Queen

14. Baby – Bishop Briggs

15. 5 dollars – Christine and the Queens

16. still feel. – half alive

17. Naive – The Kooks

18. I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers

19. Lost – Frank Ocean

20. Stuck – The Aces

21. Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears For Fears (undeniable mood booster)

22.Hard Place – H.E.R.

23. Missing You – Robyn

24. Light On – Maggie Rogers

25. Runaway – Kanye West

PSA: I am aware of the fact that this list doesn’t include the new Old Town Road remix feat. Billy Rae Cyrus. I’m not dismissing it, just offering some other options for those who want them. 

A sophomore at the University of Kansas studying Film & Media Studies and Journalism. An avid lover of tacos, thrift stores, music and film.