timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 People Who Should Be Our Next President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Chris Martin (of Coldplay):

Chris Martin has been the lead singer for a wildly internationally famous band, Coldplay, for 21 years. We’re just asking for four here, Chris.

Chris Pratt:

Whether he’s wrangling dinosaurs or winning hearts with obscene Mouse Rat lyrics (Parks and Rec.), Chris Pratt can do anything and make it look good. Like run a government.

Gordon Ramsay:

Because some order and direction is needed. And I’d most like to hear the aggressive efficiency of Gordon.

Barack Obama:

We can bring him back for a third term right? Right? Please tell me right?

Michelle Obama:

And if the whole Barack three-peat thing doesn’t work out, Michelle is the next best option. That smile can warm even the coldest of hearts.

Michael Scott:

He ran an Office and won everyone’s hearts simultaneously, Michael is a wonderful multitasker. And he truly cares. Remember the time he hit Meredith with his car and created the “Michael Scott’s Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure”?

Tina Fey:

Tina is a writer and a comedian, two very powerful careers. When “President of the United States” is added to that list of titles, Tina will be unstoppable.

David Ortiz (Big Papi): Even if you aren’t a baseball or Red Sox fan (but why?), you should know who Big Papi is. Known for his home runs and passion on the field, David Ortiz could easily make the country run smoothly.

Jimmy Fallon:

The main reason Jimmy should be president is because of his epic rap battles. This man knows what he’s doing, and I already trust him to run the country as so.

Ellen DeGeneres:

Whether you choose to focus on the fact that Ellen is a revolutionary woman, revolutionary Lesbian, or just an overall revolutional person, she deserves a presidential nomination. Imagine a government run by the woman who has her own DJ and rockstar dance moves? Sign me up.

Elon Musk:

His net worth is $20.4 billion, and he just shot a Tesla (the car he created) into space. This guy just oozes class and coolness.

Kris Jenner

You may not be a fan of the Kardashian kingdom, but you have to admit that Kris does a pretty good job at being a boss. She runs the empire, the show, and the media industry her daughters never seem to leave.

Chrissy Teigen

I want Chrissy to be president just because of how strong her Twitter game is. And her daughter and husband are absolute goals.

Oprah Winfrey

Enough said.

Snoop Dogg

Have you seen the videos where Snoop Dogg narrates Planet Earth, and makes even the worst of nature seem pleasant? He can do this in the government too, translate all of the terrible awful things into friendly, enjoyable topics of conversation.

Madeleine is a senior at the University of Kansas double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism. Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Madeleine spent the last few years of her high school career publishing two books (http://www.lulu.com/shop/m-rheinheimer/project-105/paperback/product-23264977.html + http://www.lulu.com/shop/madeleine-rheinheimer/undefined/paperback/product-22938535.html)  and traveling around the city speaking and sharing with locals. Knowing since the fourth grade that she was destined to be a writer when she grew up, Madeleine enjoys anything that involves creative expression. You can follow her personal blog at: https://illiterateblondes.com