Hello soon-to-be Spring Breakers!
I am sure a lot of you are planning a road trip somewhere warm and wonderful, or maybe you are just going home. Either way, here is my list of road trip must-haves to help you make it to your destination with a smile on your face.
1. Friends! Not only is driving solo super boring and expensive, but it can be dangerous if you are going far. Having someone else with you to take a turn driving when you get drowsy is crucial. Plus, you can split the cost of gas and have someone to jam out with when your favorite songs come on!
2. Music. Speaking of your favorite songs, be sure to put together a jammy playlist to keep you pumped up!
3. Snacks, snacks, snacks, snacks! Food will help you keep your focus, and if you bring enough food with, you will not have to stop as often to eat. Bonus: it will help you prevent getting hungry-irritable and make the trip more enjoyable.
4. Car cell phone chargers. If you are like me, you will probably be using the GPS on your phone to get to your destination. Cell phones are infamous for dying when you are 100 miles away from any place you are familiar with, so having a car charger can be a life saver!
5. Cash for tolls. If you forget to pull some money out for tolls, you will probably have to pay them online. And if you wait too long, the cost goes way up! Save yourself the trouble and pull out some money before you leave.
6. A basic car emergency kit. This includes a tire iron, car jack, spare tire and jumper cables. You never know when you might experience car trouble, and if you aren’t prepared, it can be a nightmare!
7. COFFEEEEEE (or energy drinks) to keep yourself awake through your whole turn driving. Depending on where you are, the scenery may look very similar for many miles and that will probably make you very sleepy if you don’t have some liquid energy on hand.
8. A pillow and blanket for those wonderful hours of nap time when someone else is driving! You can also use the pillow as a cushion if your booty gets sore from sitting too long.
9. Focus. I know you are excited and want to have fun, but make sure you always pay attention to the road while you are driving. Keep your cell phone in the cup holder or let your friends read and respond to your messages for you. No text is worth your life or the lives of your friends!
10. A positive attitude! It is Spring Break, roll down your windows as you fly down the highway and soak in the commencement of your week of freedom! You know what they say: getting there is half the fun!
Happy (almost) spring break Collegiettes™! Have fun, and stay safe!