10 Reasons to Get Excited for the Holiday Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

With Halloween finally behind us, the holiday season is officially here! Yes, it is finally November and the countdown starts now! If you’re anything like me, you have been counting down to this holiday season from the moment last year’s ended. The holidays are just such a magical time that seems to bring out the best in everyone, and you can’t help but get excited early. Lucky for us, the holidays are right around the corner. Sleigh bells are ringing and turkey is back up on the menu, so get excited now!

1.     Red Starbucks Cups and Holiday Drinks. Admit it, you love it. Lattes and hot chocolates galore. 

2.     Christmas lights everywhere. Lights on Mass Street (the best).

3.     Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie. It is SO good. Seriously, how can it be that good?

4.     Christmas Music. Non-stop Christmas tunes? Yes please!! Falalalalala!

5.     Family. Love ’em or hate ’em, the holidays are going to bring out the best in them.

6.     Snow Storms.  Snow days plus warm UGG boots that you just love to hate (too warm and comfy to hate). Plus sledding who doesn’t love feeling 6 again?

7.     Ugly Sweaters and White Elephant Parties. There nothing like a party with a dress code and seeing the look on your pals faces as the open a terrible gift- priceless! 

8.     School Breaks! Thanksgiving break will be here before you know it.. HOLLA! 

9.     Holiday Movies. Who can resist ABC’s 25 days of Christmas? It’s only a month away!

10.  Present Shopping. There’s just something special about the mall during this time of year, maybe it’s passing Santa and his elves or just the sheer joy of picking out something grand for the ones you love. 

Here’s to an amazing holiday season! 

HCXO

Native East Coaster but born and raised all over this beautiful world. A lover of photography, traveling, a good story, and of course social media. You can always find me studying Journalism and Global and International Studies while day dreaming up a new adventure.