Style

10 Fashion Trends that Most of Us Probably Tried in the 2010s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

One of the most defining parts of a decade is always, of course, its fashion. As we near of the end of the 2010s, let’s look back at a few trends that–often for inexplicable reasons–gained widespread popularity. 

1. The Feather 

Image Credit

I remember 11-year-old me begging my mom to take me to the hair salon to get a feather put in my hair like all of my favorite Disney Channel stars. It was a simpler time…

2. Ombre Hair 

Image Credit

Speaking of the salon, ombre hair was a fun way for those who wanted a hair color change-up without actually taking the total plunge. 

3. Flower Crowns Image Credit

Before Midsommar or the Snapchat filter, most of us were heading to Claire’s to get our flower crown fix. 

4. High-Low Dresses

Image Credit

The high-low were a middle school dance staple. Bonus points if it was from Rue 21. 

5. White Adidas Sneakers

Image Credit

These shoes have dominated the sneaker game in the past few years. 

6. The Onesie

Image Credit 

There’s nothing like rolling up to a sleepover in one of these.

7. Cold Shoulder Tops

Image Credit 

It’s 2016 and you’re dressing up nice for school–this is most likely your go-to look, probably paired with a Kendra Scott necklace. 

8. Rompers

Image Credit

Rompers became a fun departure from the typical mini-dress. 

9. The Maxi Skirt 

Image Credit

Another school dance staple, paired with a flat sandal. 

10. Uggs

Image Credit 

Last but not least, no 2010s style list would be complete without the Ugg. So, so comfy. 

Senior at the University of Kansas studying English and journalism & editor of Her Campus KU. You can find me hiding in the Watson Library study carrels or wandering around HomeGoods avoiding all responsibilities.