This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

We’ve all heard the devastating news… Taylor Swift and her boyfriend of six years, Joe Alwyn, have broken up. While many are hoping this is just an alleged rumor, news outlets from People to CNN have confirmed the news. I hate to say it, but CNN getting involved provides some pretty damning evidence against Taylor and Joe. At this point, we can hope for two things. First, we can hope Taylor and Joe work things out and get back together, thus salvaging the love that brought us “invisible string” and the entire Lover album. Or we hope that Taylor moves on to someone amazing and new. Here are my thoughts on who that lucky man should be. 

I definitely do not think anyone should be giving Taylor’s number to Pete Davidson. I know anything can happen (see Kim and Pete’s surprisingly successful relationship), but the two don’t strike me as compatible. Taylor doesn’t really go for guys with tattoos, and Pete tends to stay away from natural blondes. Taylor would be backstage nervous or tired, and Pete would crack a poorly timed joke. Also, let us not forget the fact that Taylor and Kim notoriously have beef, so their union would cause a lot of drama that Taylor simply does not have time for right now. 

It would definitely be crazy if Taylor Swift and Harry Styles became an item. Rumors have been circulating that the two have an upcoming collaboration in the works. They both know what it’s like to be a pop star, and they both love sequins. We also know that they used to date… so they are attracted to each other. They’re equally famous, so career jealousy would not be getting in the way. Additionally, after surviving the drama of dating Olivia Wilde, Harry has proven that he’s the kind of boyfriend who can put up with anything, and Taylor needs a guy who is strong enough to deal with her crazy life.

Harry just finished his big tour, and Taylor is currently doing hers, meaning that pretty soon both of them will be ready to fade into the background while they figure out their next moves. To me, this seems like the perfect time for them to hide out somewhere, write some songs, and rekindle their relationship. Another plus is that Taylor’s bestie, Selena Gomez, is rumored to be dating Harry’s ex-bandmate Zayn Malik. The foursome could go on some awesome double dates.

The downside to Harry and Taylor’s relationship is that perhaps they would be too powerful. Conflicting schedules would get in the way, and it would be impossible for them to maintain a relationship. In this case, I propose Dylan O’Brien. I’ve heard some rumors that Dylan has a girlfriend, but anything can happen. I’m rooting for Dylan for a couple of reasons. First, I know that Taylor dating Dylan would make Joe go crazy. The two worked together in 2021 on Taylor’s short film version of her iconic song “All Too Well.” Dylan played the love interest of young Taylor Swift, who is played by Sadie Sink. If Dylan was good enough for Taylor’s fictionalized younger self, then he’s probably good enough for real-life Taylor as well. 

Like Joe, Dylan has also contributed to Taylor’s music. He played drums on her last album, meaning he can hang out with his future girlfriend in the recording studio. Unlike Joe, Dylan has had a successful acting career. Nowadays, he lies low, taking the roles he wants. He’s not trying to make a name for himself like Joe. For this reason, he would be perfect for Taylor because his ego won’t get in the way. He’s ready to support her. In fact, he already does. Dylan was spotted leaving Taylor’s house last week, so let us pray that means he is single, she is single, and the next album will be about falling in love after heartbreak, featuring Dylan O’Brien on the drums.

Maddie loves music, reading, writing, and reality TV. She loves classics like Anne of Green Gables and romance novels like Beach Read by Emily Henry. Someday, she hopes to write a book of her own, but for now, she's content keeping up with the Kardashians and finishing her senior year.