Valentine’s Playlist: Whole Lot of Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Love: it comes in many shapes and forms, and can be celebrated in so many different ways. I definitely advocate for constantly celebrating all of the love in our lives, and Valentine’s Day presents a great opportunity to show the people you love exactly how you feel. Whether you’re celebrating friendship or romance, you can make February 14th all about the love. In honor of this, I crafted a playlist, mixing some lovey-dovey music with some songs that celebrate all different kinds of love as well!

Here goes:

1.       All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar (from Juno)

2.       You and I by Ingrid Michaelson

3.       I’m Yours by Jason Mraz

4.       You Got Me by Ingrid Michaelson Feat. Storyman

5.       If Ever I Stray by Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

6.       Holy Ground by Taylor Swift

7.       Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

8.       Home by Lauren Fairweather—It’s sweet, fun and about Harry Potter. All good things.

9.       No Average Angel by Tiffany Giardina

10.     Blood Brothers by Ingrid Michaelson

11.     Already Home by A Great Big World

12.     Lovers’ Eyes by Mumford and Sons

13.     Paperweight by Joshua Radin—One of the sweetest and most soothing songs I know. It’s great for late night talks with your besties or for serenading your sweetie.

14.     For Good sung by Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth (from Wicked) Too many tears.

15.     I’m Only Me When I’m With You by Taylor Swift

16.     Afterlife by Ingrid Michaelson—If you have not seen this music video, I highly recommend it. It’s inspiring and beautiful and I cried the first time I watched it.

17.     Days of Summer by the Starkid Company (from A Very Potter Sequel)—The message of this song perfectly applies to my feelings about my Kenyon family. It’s only the days of summer that we must spend apart, and we’ll back again before we know it for even more fun together. “I don’t want to see you go, but it’s not forever.”

18.     5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale

19.     All You Need Is Love by the Beatles

What are some of your favorite songs to show your love to the people you care about most?

California girl transported to the glory of the Midwest. Art History major, English minor. Proud nerd and Girl Scout. Blogger. Gund Gallery Associate. Class of 2017, loving every minute of exploring Gambier, Kenyon and myself to find what the future has in store.
Abigail Roberts is a senior English/Creative Writing major at Kenyon College. When she's not writing, she's wasting away on Netflix, voting, or being weird about Victorian literature.