#TBT to Shopping and Social Media: HCK’s Teen Vogue Trunk Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

On a September day, a huge trunk was carted into Peirce. Servery-goers flocked to examine its contents. People left with enough free shampoo for the rest of their lives! Still perplexed by exactly what went down? Let’s recap.

We at Her Campus Kenyon were the lucky recipients of an enormous and incredible trunk filled with goodies from Teen Vogue. We were so excited to share the freebies with all of you, so we brought them to Peirce for our own little Trunk Show.

Giveaways included Princess perfumes from Vera Wang Fragrance, awesome products from Gillette’s Venus line, items from Keds, gift cards from Asos, sunglasses from Insidious 2, a pair of beautiful Jimmy Choo pumps, skincare samples from Murad, and so much more.

After they took their pick from the products on display, recipients took to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (using #btss) to shout out to Teen Vogue and thank the generous advertisers who supplied the products that spruced up their back-to-school style.

Another big thank you to everyone who came, shopped, and tweeted. And, of course, thanks again to our friends at Teen Vogue for supplying us with the amazing freebies!

Can’t wait to see what new surprises HCK has in store? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!

Emma Miller, from Shaker Heights, Ohio,  is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. She is a co-president of StageFemmes, a Kenyon student theatre organization dedicated to showcasing the talents of women in drama. Emma spends her summers as Assistant Director at a Jewish performing arts camp. Emma is thrilled to be in her second year as co-Campus Correspondent for Kenyon's HC chapter.  Emma was a founding staff member of her high school's online magazine, and her writings have also been published on the FBomb. She is passionate about girls' education, Jimmy Fallon, iced tea, Ireland, Cleveland, and SmartWool socks. 
Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.