Passing Time at the Columbus Airport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Any time spent at an airport can be an awful doldrums of waiting, checking arrival times, waiting, bad food, waiting, and nursing backaches from heavy luggage (see also: waiting). Fortunately, CMH ( beloved Columbus International Airport for those of you who don’t know) is chock-full of interesting characters for you to observe as a way to take your mind off wondering whether your plane can really possibly be that small.

Without further ado, here is a collection of the fascinating people and situations that I was lucky enough to observe while waiting for my 7pm flight home for spring break:

1. These guys who have no idea how delicious they apparently look.

2. This cowboy checking out some candy

3. The same cowboy, paired with a little extra patriotism 

4. These people desperately seeking comfort in a place that is infamously devoid of it

5. This guy, pondering about the dark days when his pockets weren’t big enough to fit an entire tablet in them

Hopefully this will inspire you to indulge in some people watching on your future journeys, whether while you come home from your vacation this week or on your trip back to Gambier this weekend! 

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.