This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Fall is pretty much here. This means pumpkins, apples, leaves changing, and summer leaves. The summer air, summer love, and summer memories begin to fade as the leaves fall around us, and we can do nothing but to let it happen. So many people like fall for different reasons: sweater weather, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (PSL), Flannels, apple cider, corn mazes, the color of the season (since we’re living in the midwest, the color is green, yellow, orange, brown). The beginning of fall gives you hope. A new season means a new start, but to me it also means family. My family takes a trip down to our nearest apple orchard every early October. It’s a mini-vacation where we eat unlimited apples, ride on a tractor, and listen to my dad horrible jokes. It is one of my favorite times of the year because my parents and I are able to take time away from our busy schedules and hang out as a family. Apple picking also implies apple-cinnamon donuts and kettle corn. Our little apple tradition is one of my favorite things to do in the world, and I would definitely put it on my fall to do list. Another tradition that my parents do for me is that they buy tons of taffy apples ( they get a lot because they’re only seasonal). Those little apples of joy are a little of a bond between me and my mom. She always surprises me with taffy apples when I least expect it. One year, she bought me a whole case of taffy apples, and that turned out to be a horrible idea because they rot pretty fast. Fall is also a time when I drink gallons of apple cider (I see an apple theme).

I think every season holds something special to my heart, but for some reason, fall feels like home. Fall reminds me of happy memories made and many more memories that I know are coming.         ​

Image Credit: Katie Zervas

Jenna is a writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kenyon. She is currently a senior chemistry major at Kenyon College, and she can often be found geeking out in the lab while working on her polymer research. Jenna is an avid sharer of cute animal videos, and she never turns down an opportunity to pet a furry friend. She enjoys doing service work, and her second home is in the mountains of Appalachia.