Cherry Blossom Frappuccino low res 1jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cherry Blossom Frappuccino low res 1jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

My Favorite Drinks at Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

I really like Starbucks—like really like it. It’s kind of a problem. I live about five blocks from two different ones, which only adds to the problem. I’m the kind of person that will walk to Starbucks to get coffee instead of eating real food for lunch. I know, it’s bad. I go at least once a week, which makes me qualified to write this article. I wanted to recommend a few of my favorite drinks so that my caffeine addiction won’t be for nothing.

Coffee Beans Close Up
Keriss101 / Spoon

1. Mocha Frappuccino

This drink is a classic at Starbucks. It is one of my favorites because it is the first drink that I got at Starbucks. My friends used to go to Starbucks every Friday after school and my parents never let me go for some reason. The first time that I went, I had no idea what to get, but my friend said that I should try a mocha frappuccino. It’s one of my favorite drinks: it has a good combination of chocolate and coffee that’s like a milkshake, but with caffeine. I get it when I want to get something that I’m used to and it has happy memories. 

2. Iced Caramel Macchiato 

This drink is really good because it’s really simple. It’s just espresso, milk, and caramel, and you can’t really go wrong with that. Besides the fact that it’s amazing, you can also change it based on how you feel. If you need more caffeine, get extra coffee; if you want it to be a little sweeter, get more caramel. If you’re weird like me, get extra coffee and extra caramel—live on the edge. However, it is crucial that you get this iced. I cannot stress this enough. If you get it hot, then all of the caramel sinks to the bottom and its way to sweet. But if you get it iced, then you can mix it around, and personally, I just think its better overall if you get it iced.

Starbucks

3. Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso

This ones a mouthful, but it’s really good. It’s a relatively new drink; I think it came out in early March. It reminds me of the gingerbread latte, which is my favorite holiday drink that was sadly discontinued. It’s a lot of caffeine and it doesn’t really taste like it, which works for me. It also has oat milk, so if you don’t do dairy, this is the drink for you.

4. Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate is a classic drink that Starbucks does pretty well. You can’t really go wrong with a hot chocolate. It’s a safe option and its especially good on a cold winter day or when you just want something chocolatey, this hot chocolate will deliver. 

5. Chai Latte

I saved the best for last. My absolute favorite drink from Starbucks is their Chai Latte. It’s something that’s good hot or cold, but I prefer it hot. The spices make you feel nice and warm on the inside and it has a nice kick that you wouldn’t get from a coffee drink. It has the added bonus of being caffeinated, so if you’re like me and get migraines when you don’t drink caffeine, this should hold you over. You should probably lay off the caffeine though, but I’m a hypocrite. 

Starbucks

I hope my recommendations help you decide what to get next time you go to Starbucks and inevitably pay too much for coffee.

India Berry is a Sophomore at Kenyon College, from Washington, DC. She plans to major in Psychology and is currently questioning why she chose to take chemistry.