My 9 Favorite Places in Seattle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Seattle is one of the most influential cities in America. You have Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing, Costco, and so much more. However, people fail to realize that this city is so much more than its stereotype, so I have made a list of my favorite places in Seattle. Enjoy and visit soon!

1. The Space Needle

As the most well-known attraction in Seattle, the Space Needle is one of my personal favorite places. I love watching it from my deck at home during the sunrise and sunset. One of my favorite memories is during New Year’s when I watched the fireworks behind the Space Needle.

2. Chihuly Glass Museum

I think that this is my favorite place to date. I loved looking at all of the art and I fell in love with every single piece. To give y’all an idea of how much I love this place, I want to get married here. There is a room full of windows with an amazing glass flower structure hanging from the ceiling and outside is the Space Needle. It’s absolutely beautiful and if you ever find yourself in Seattle, I highly suggest you spend your this in this museum.

3. Pike Place Market

Pike Place is one of the most famous Seattle places to see on social media such as Instagram. There are so many items throughout the market that are unique to Seattle, and I can never get bored from visiting whenever I come home for breaks.

4. UW Cherry Blossom Trees

Though I do not attend the University of Washington (Go Dawgs!), I have many friends who do. I love it especially when I am able to sit and relax by the cherry blossom trees, a unique feature to UW’s campus. It’s a wonderful study and socializing area that I think all campuses should have.

5. Lake Serene

This hike is roughly an hour outside of Seattle, and despite it being a 10-mile hike with A LOT of stairs, it leads to one of the most beautiful views. Though I went on a gloomy and cold day, when it was sunny outside, the view of the lake is breathtaking.

6. Le Panier

This is a French bakery on Pike Place Street. My best friend and I always make a trip here to consume delicious lattes and freshly made macarons. The macarons are by far the best I have ever had in the U.S.

7. CenturyLink Field

The home of the Seattle Seahawks is where every 12 wants to spend their time. All of the home games are filled with energy and excitement, and win or lose, this stadium brings all of Seattle together.

8. Metropolitan Market

Something that defines my Seattle experience is Metropolitan Market. This is a grocery store that sells products that are not only from around the world, but also straight from Seattle. I can easily spend hours wandering through the bakery section and the exotic fruit section. After strolling through each and every aisle, I am able to grab a wonderful, delicious bite to eat from their marketplace.

9. Rattlesnake Ridge

This hike, also outside of Seattle, is far easier than Lake Serene. Also, in my opinion, I think Rattlesnake Ridge is prettier. You have a wonderful view of the mountains and a crystal clear turquoise lake.

Whenever you find yourself in Seattle, I hope that you find yourself visiting these places. Of course, this is only one Seattle girl’s opinion on the best city in the world (yes, I’m biased)!

Image Credit: Featured Image, Anushka Patel, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anushka is a hopeful (undeclared) Pscyhlogy or Economics major. She is a sophomore at Kenyon College, and while she's not working hard in school, she can be found admiring memes and cute dogs. Anushka is from Seattle, Washington and loves spending time with her friends and hiking the many mountains of the Pacific Northwest.