This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

The team behind Her Campus Kenyon is so excited that today is the first day of classes! We wanted to give our readers the chance to get to know us better, so we started a “Meet the HCK Team” photo series on our Instagram. In case you missed it, here it is again. We hope to grow our team this year, so if you’re interested in writing for us come visit us at the Activities Fair on Saturday! Without further ado…here’s the HCK team:

Lindy Wittenberg

Lindy, a sophomore from Baltimore, MD, is one of our writers and our Events Director! 

When asked what she loves the most about HCK, Lindy says, “I loved the people at HCK the most, who are always willing to share their stories, speak their mind, and encourage others through uplifting articles! I also love that you can pitch your own ideas—it gives me freedom to explore what I’m interested in writing.”

And what she loves about Kenyon? “I love the people most at Kenyon too! Everyone is curious, kind, and questioning. They like to challenge the status quo and think about issues and how the world works. I’ve always admired Kenyon and this culture it encourages. Also, the campus is gorgeous!”

Jenna Wendler

Jenna Wendler is a senior from Villa Park, CA and is headed into her 4th year as a writer for HCK! She is also one of our Social Media Coordinators.

What is her favorite thing about HCK? “I love writing for HCK because I feel like I have a voice. No one will judge me for what I love and what I write about. There is a great deal of support on this team, and I love to be a part of it!”

And her favorite thing about Kenyon? “I love the community at Kenyon. I feel like I found my people when I got to campus, and it is such a lovely, generous place to me.”

Lily Alig

Lily Alig is a sophomore from New York, and she is entering her second year with HCK. On top of being one of our writers, Lily is also one of our Marketing Directors!

What is her favorite thing about HCK? “What I love the most about HCK is that it is a place where the main rules are to take care of yourself and to be un-ironically hyped about anything that interests you.”

And her favorite thing about Kenyon? “What I love most about Kenyon is that the student body collectively is very much so far more respectful and friendly than anywhere else I’ve spent time.”

Juvi Rivera

Juvi Rivera is a sophomore from Staten Island, NY and this school year she’ll be a writer for HCK for the second year in a row.

What does she love about HCK? “The girls! I love being around such interesting, funny, and eloquent ladies. I get so much inspiration from them.”

What’s her favorite thing about Kenyon? “The fall foliage. There’s really nothing like strolling through middle path during the season’s peak.”

Hannah Anain

Hannah Anain is a sophomore from Buffalo, New York. Hannah is an HCK powerhouse! On top of being one of our Senior Editors, Hannah is also one of our writers.

What does she love about HCK? “I love the freedom to write honestly about whatever I choose, and I love being surrounded by incredible women who do the same. No matter how strong a writer, you can always learn from your colleagues—mine have taught me a lot.”

And about Kenyon? “There isn’t a kinder, happier community in the entire world. There’s no people like Kenyonites — I love my home on the hill.”

Erica Rabito

Erica Rabito is from Woburn, MA and is about to start her sophomore year. After taking a short break from HCK, she is coming back as a Staff Writer and will help run our Twitter!

When asked what her favorite thing about HCK is, she said: “It gives women a place to share their voices, beliefs, experiences, and opinions with other collegiate women…and others, across the world.”

What does she love about Kenyon? “My favorite thing about Kenyon is the fact that it is just so tiny. I know all of my professors well, and have had the opportunity to get involved in things and do things that I never would have had the opportunity to do at a larger, more impersonal university.”

Reagan Neviska

Reagan is an incoming senior from Gambier, OH. Reagan is not just a writer for HCK, but also a writer for Her Campus National!

What’s Reagan’s favorite thing about HCK? “My favorite thing about HCK is the ability to write on topics that I feel passionate about, without judgment, and in a variety of styles that I might not otherwise get to use in a more ‘traditional’ news setting.”

And about Kenyon? “On a similar vein, my favorite thing about Kenyon is how encouraging everyone is of one another. We love to help one another achieve goals without making things into a competition.”

Paige Ballard

Paige Ballard is a junior and helps run our Pinterest! She brings her writing talents from Wheelersberg, OH.

What’s her favorite thing about HCK? “The freedom we have to write about anything and everything we’re passionate about. Whether it’s politics or our favorite cheesy movies, every pitch is greeted with enthusiasm.”

And about Kenyon? “The amazing variety of activities available in such a small community. Whether I want to attend a talk or go to a party or curl up with popcorn and Netflix, there’s always something to do and friends to do it with.”

Ari Tooch

Ari is from Los Angeles, California. She is entering her second year at Kenyon and her second year working with HCK!

When asked what her favorite thing about HCK is, Ari replied: “What I love most about HCK is the incredible community of gals that support each other and encourage each other to write such great content.”

And about Kenyon? “What I love most about Kenyon is that there’s no fear to be your absolute self. I’ve been nothing but encouraged to express myself and find myself at Kenyon College, and I’m so happy with the growth that I’ve experienced so far in Gambier, Ohio.”

Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.