Let the Finals Week Procrastination Commence!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

As the stress of finals week descends upon us at Kenyon, we are presented with two options –you can either study or procrastinate. I think we can all agree that this is a difficult choice. While it is essential that everyone gets in their necessary studying, sometimes a little procrastination can do a person some good. We need to give our brains time to rest, and there is no better way to do so than by succumbing to the black hole that is the Internet.  

Here’s a list of sites that will help you fulfill your procrastination quota:

1. Buzzfeed Everyone’s go-to procrastination site tops my list. You can literally waste hours of your life here so proceed with caution.

2. Free Rice Test your knowledge of vocabulary (along with other subjects) and fight world hunger at the same time!

3. Her Campus (of course!) You can bet that HCK and Her Campus national are churning out posts to help you beat those finals week blues.

4. College Humor Made by college students for college students.

5. Sporcle For those looking for a brain teaser, Sporcle is full of mentally stimulating diversions. Here your procrastination will feel a little more productive.

6. Tomboy KC Actress Katie Cassidy recently started a fashion blog that may be one of the classiest things you can find online. Featuring 5 categories – fashion, travel, lifestyle, beauty, and what Katie wore – the blog covers many area interests.

7. NY Times Get a dose of news and culture by visiting a reliable online source. It’s always good to keep yourself in-the-loop – something we often find difficult in the Kenyon bubble.

We hope that our suggestions help you power through finals week! Good luck, everyone!

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.