How to Switch Up Your Style with the Her Campus Survival Kits

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

It has officially been one week upon receiving my Her Campus Survival Kit! After using all of my treats, I have put together an official review of my items. Additionally, I have included a step by step process for the perfect look for a night (or day) out using only the products given from Her Campus.

Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask:

Oh my gosh! From the moment I opened this, I knew I was giving myself a spa day treatment. The mask smells absolutely amazing and it reminded me of the fresh oatmeal with honey scent you would typically smell during breakfast. I put mine in the fridge before using, so when I applied it to my face, the mask was super cold yet it felt extremely refreshing, especially after a hard day of classes. After the mask hardened (and I looked like a wrinkly alien from Mars) I washed it off with warm water. This mask left my skin feeling revived, cleansed, and extremely soft. I would definitely recommend this to everyone if they want to be left with soft and moisturized skin.

Cucumber Peel-off Mask:

I have only done two peel-off masks and both did not go well. One took 30 minutes to get off and the other left me with super dry and irritated skin. So, as one would be after a traumatizing experience with peel off masks, I was skeptical of this cucumber one. However, when I put on a thin layer all over my face, I was in a state of serenity. It was cooling and very refreshing, especially since I came down with a cold. I could finally feel my skin breath with this mask. Taking off this clear mask was actually pretty easy for me. It peeled off in chunks, but it was all off my face in five minutes. After I peeled it off, I would recommend washing your face with warm water to ensure all of the mask is off before you apply your desired moisturizer.

Rimmel London Super Curler Mascara:

I was in need of a new mascara since the one that I had clumps super easily. And there’s nothing more unflattering than clumpy lashes, especially when you’re trying to flirt with that special someone. This mascara, not only does it NOT clump, it also is extremely lightweight. There is no need to curl your lashes and it makes them look super voluminous. Hands down one of the best mascaras I have used to date.

Rimmel London Eyeliner:

Who would have thought blue eyeliner would be so unique yet look so casual? Not me! I was skeptical when I saw this eyeliner was blue, however when I put it on, it made my eyes literally pop. I did not think I could pull of cobalt blue eyeliner until I tried it and it looked like it was a part of my everyday look. This blue liner also works great for parties, the color lasts throughout the night and it’s a real attention grabber.

Juicy Couture Perfume:

I have never worn a Juicy perfume, but I have always adored the sweet and girly scent. So when I first put this on in the morning, I was expecting the scent to be gone within 30 minutes; however, it lasted right up until noon. This may have had something to do with the fact that I literally coated my entire body with the perfume samples, but it was so worth it. I had so many people come up to me that day saying I smelled nice.

Okay, now that you have read my reviews, here is a guide to looking the bomb.com for a night out!

Step 1: Apply your desired face mask. Either the Avocado & Oatmeal or the Cucumber Peel Off mask.

Step 2: Apply your desired moisturizer, foundation, concealer, etc.

Step 3: Time for the blue eyeliner! Eyeliner (especially liquid) is very tricky and requires great skill and patience. So no worries if you mess up 5 or 50 times before you perfect it. If you want to be adventurous at a wing tip, or you can play it safe and not mess with your masterpiece. I recommend only doing top eyeliner with this and avoiding doing bottom liner since the blue on the top will really make your eyes pop; there is no need to over-do it.

Step 4: Mascara!! If you’re like me, then you too obsess over your eyelashes. I like to put at least 2-3 coats of this mascara on to make sure my eyelashes are perfectly curled, and stay curled. Also this does not clump, but if you find yours clumping, take your finger and rub it gently up your lashes and the clump should come right out!

Step 5: Last but not least, the Juicy perfume. I highly recommend spraying it all over yourself. You have a long night ahead of you, so you might as well smell amazing as well!

And there you have it, a complete look for a night out using your favorite Her Campus survival kit products. Hope you all enjoy!

Image Credit: Anushka Patel, Lexi Bollis

Anushka is a hopeful (undeclared) Pscyhlogy or Economics major. She is a sophomore at Kenyon College, and while she's not working hard in school, she can be found admiring memes and cute dogs. Anushka is from Seattle, Washington and loves spending time with her friends and hiking the many mountains of the Pacific Northwest.
Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.