This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

As a part of our Spring Break Survival Kit, Her Campus Kenyon received two sets of Brappz. Packaged in a small plastic case, our Brappz came with two long pink silicone straps, two short white silicone straps, and four silver hooks. My first impression of my new Brappz was something along the lines of, “what the heck are these things?!” Now that I’ve spent a few weeks with my Brappz, though, they have definitely grown on me.

Brappz were invented by two women in Switzerland as a solution to bra straps that show when wearing certain outfits. Presumably, one would wear Brappz in lieu of a strapless bra with outfits. Brappz’s goal was to “turn a bra strap into a fashion accessory”. Since launching their brand, the owners have found that people use Brappz for a variety of uses, not just as bra straps. So, I’ve tested out our Brappz, both for their intended purposes, and I’ve also tried some other ways to use them!

Brappz as Bra Straps

Brappz were intended to be a chic way to let your bra straps show when wearing shirts such as strapless tops or racerbacks. I used the Brappz as instructed to on the package, and I created Brappz straps for one of my strapless bras. They work okay as bra straps, but personally, I just don’t see why they are necessary. If I want to wear a something in which my bra straps would be showing, I will either choose to show my bra straps, or I will just wear a strapless bra. I don’t really think that Brappz are necessary for that task. But, they do work for their intended purpose as bra straps.

Brappz as Shoelaces

Another popular use for Brappz is to use them as shoelaces. It reminds me a lot of the tie-less shoes that I used to have as a child. They didn’t fit perfectly into this pair of shoes, but I do enjoy the way that the shoes fit when I put them on now. I’d say Brappz as shoelaces is a win in my book.

Brappz as Hair Accessories

As you can see, this works, but it is incredibly painful. I think that in general, I would definitely use Brappz in a pinch to tie my hair back, but it’s similar to a rubber band — I wouldn’t use it in my hair unless absolutely necessary.

Brappz as Jewelry

As pictured, Brappz can also be turned into some stylish jewelry as well. Necklaces, chokers, bracelets — the possibilities are endless!. And, I will admit, I did get a lot of compliments on Brappz as jewelry. It reminds me a lot of the jelly jewelry that I wore as a kid, which is kind of fun. I like being able to make a lot of different things with it, and it makes me feel creative.

Overall, I think that Brappz are a unique and fun accessory concept. Personally, I don’t think that they work for their intended purpose (as a bra strap alternative), but I do think that they can be fun when put to other uses. I’ve enjoyed trying to figure out how to make something creative out of them, and I do think that they could potentially come in handy as a multi-use tool in the future. Thanks for the fun week, Brappz!

Image credits: Brappz.com, Jenna Bouquot

Jenna is a writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kenyon. She is currently a senior chemistry major at Kenyon College, and she can often be found geeking out in the lab while working on her polymer research. Jenna is an avid sharer of cute animal videos, and she never turns down an opportunity to pet a furry friend. She enjoys doing service work, and her second home is in the mountains of Appalachia.