This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

After months of wearing sweaters and scarves to class every day, it’s finally warming up. This means that your spring clothing items can come out of storage again! Whether it’s a sundress, a pair of flip-flops, or a straw hat, we all have our favorite things that we’re excited to wear. Here’s a look into some Kenyon students’ wardrobes and their favorite spring items!

Phoebe Rotter

Year: 2014

Major: Art History with an Italian minor

Hometown: Hamilton, NY

Favorite spring item from your wardrobe: My pair of Mom Jeans™ Jorts

Where is it from? Mount Vernon Goodwill (the BIG one)

Why is it your choice? These shorts are really comfortable and very versatile, and I’m pretty sure they fit the exact Tina Fey description of Mom Jeans (Light wash, 7-inch zipper, etc.). My sister thinks they are an abomination, but I think there is something very Kenyon-esque about them. I wear them all the time. I’m also really into combining blues and yellows, so they’re perfect for that.

Favorite thing about Spring? Flowering trees, mostly.

Meaghan Brennan

Year: 2015

Major: Philosophy with an English minor

Hometown: St. Louis, MO

Favorite spring item from your wardrobe: One of my (way too many) floral skirts.

Where is it from? Forever 21.

Why is it your choice? I love the colors and it twirls well.

Favorite thing about Spring? Spending time outside again!

Meg Sutter

Year: 2013

Major: Drama, Art History Minor

Hometown: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Fashion Pick:. Shades!

Where is it from? Gap? I think? They are old…

Why is it your choice for Spring? It’s sunny outside

Favorite thing about Spring? Now that it’s warm outside, I can sit outside and “do work,” aka procrastinate.

Julia Weaver

Year: 2015

Major: English

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Fashion Pick: Tie between pastel denim and polka-dot pants!

Where is it from? You can find a nice pair from anywhere. I have pastel purple pants (yes, I do) from Target and navy-and-cream polka dot pants from J.Crew

Why is it your choice for Spring? Who doesn’t love pastels or pattern for the spring? It’s pretty much a staple. And in unpredictable Ohio weather, cropped pants or cuffed jeans are always a safe bet. With pattern/color on the bottom, you can either go classic with a solid on top or wild with even more pattern and color! It’s a win all around.

Favorite thing about spring? Spring is rejuvenating. After a long (long, long) winter, it’s great to lean back on the grass and soak up the sun, smell the new flowers coming in.

Rachel Cunningham

Year: 2014

Major: Drama

Hometown: San Francisco, CA

Fashion Pick: Floor Length strapless floral sundress

Where is it from? Topshop (it was on sale!!)

Why is it your choice for Spring? Floor length dresses are my favorite things to wear no matter the season, but they are light and very comfortable and make me feel free after living under pounds of coats for months.

Favorite thing about spring? Kamp Kenyon finally becomes feasible again.

Rachel Rhee

Year: 2015

Major: Molecular Biology

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Favorite spring item from your wardrobe: My moccasins.

Where is it from? Minnetonka

Why is it your choice? They’re super versatile. They work with just about any outfit for any occasion and they’re also super comfy. Also moccasins are great for science labs, where you’re required to wear closed-toe shoes.  

Favorite thing about Spring? Waking up in the morning after a thunderstorm and hearing the birds chirping!

Sara is a senior English major, Art History minor, and Women's and Gender studies concentrator at Kenyon College. She was born and raised in Manhattan and never dreamed she would attend college surrounded by cornfields. She has spent two summers as an editorial intern at ELLE Magazine. She always has a magazine (or three) with her. She loves her role as Kenyon's Campus Correspondent!