This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The glorious Fall Break weekend (also known as “reading days”) is right around the corner. Whether you’re looking for a change of scenery or planning to stay at Kenyon during the break, there are plenty of options for different things you can do!

Option 1: visit a friend at another school
If you have a car or can find a cheap bus or plane ticket, try visiting your friend at another school for the weekend. It’s definitely a change in scenery (for better or for worse) and why not use this time to fit in seeing some of your friends that go to school nearby?

Option 2: Stay on campus
The options are endless:

• Take a hike by the BFEC, or get in some extra KAC hours before it gets too cold to walk all the way down that hill…
  • Try going apple or pumpkin picking nearby while it is still in season
  • If you really want to be proactive, get a head start on studying for your midterms.

Note: Tons of people stay on campus so you will not feel like the campus has completely abandoned you for the weekend.

Option 3: Go home for the weekend
Even though Parent’s weekend is coming up, it’s not a bad idea to take a quick trip home to see some family or other home friends if you can. We are going through the longest stretch of the year so if you really feel the need, try catching a ride home to distress before midterms really start up.

Option 4: Take a quick trip to Columbus
You can always check out Easton and get in some shopping, grab some Jeni’s ice cream, and catch a movie and dinner while you are in Columbus. It’s only an hour away and it’s definitely something to do if you are bored but don’t feel like staying on campus for all four days! 

In summary, if you think that you’ll be bored during this fall break, think again! There are plenty of things to do at or near Kenyon so that you never have a dull moment.

[Photo Sources: adeliciousdish.com, Kenyon Website]

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.