Costumes for the Absentminded Halloween Enthusiast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Halloween is one of the best holidays of the year: candy, costumes, and crazy parties… what more could you ask for? October might as well be Halloween month, judging from the decorations and excited college students. I love Halloween! That being said, every year Halloween manages to sneak up on me and I forget to pick out my costume. If you’re absentminded like me, never fear! I’ve managed to scramble up some super awesome and easy costumes for your convenience and enjoyment.

1. This Scarlet Letter inspired costume is classy, painfully simple, and definitely works in a quick, last minute pinch. All you need is a cut out red ‘A’!

2. Who wouldn’t want to try on a Rosie the Riveter inspired costume? All you need is button-down denim and a bandana and you’re all set!

3. No idea what to be? Go for one of the classics: angel! This costume idea makes great use of your closet. White dress? Check. Sparkly shoes? Check. Quick run to the store for some inexpensive gold pipe cleaners? Check. Put that all together and you are rocking an awesome angel look this Halloween.

4. I don’t know about you, but I found this one very easy to put together. A black top, a pair of black leggings, and boots? Those are all at my fingertips. Pair with a set of cat ears and black eyeliner for a nose and whiskers and you’ll be prowling around campus in no time.

5. A Trench Coat can come quite in handy this Halloween season. Dress up as Carmen Sandiego… or as the awesome Olivia Pope!

6. Have a flannel? Great! Put that flannel to use and become a Lumberjack. It’s easy: add a pair of suspenders, jeans, and boots and you have the look! And with some artsy makeup, you can also use that flannel to become a werewolf. Get ready to party on a full moon night!

7. A rockin’ leather jacket with a black shirt and leggings is what you need to rock this Grease look! But don’t forget the red heels!

8. This hippie look is super easy to throw together. Grab a pair of jeans and a shirt that screams flower child (maybe a vest to match?) with a pair of sandals and a headband and you’ll be ready to chill out this Halloween.

Hope these ideas have rescued my fellow forgetters and procrastinators. And if not, the uber-classy toilet-paper mummy is always worth a shot! (Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the weather and the effects it may or may not have on your costume.)

Credits: Bustle, Pop Sugar, Babble, Brit.co, Pinterest: Sherlocked, RealSimple, Elle, MetroKids, DistractedBlogger, Giphy.com