Campus Cutie: Sadiq Jiwa ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Age: 19

Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia

Height: 6,6’

Year: Sophomore

Major: Is golf a major? No, he’s majoring in Econ with an Environmental Science concentration

Minors: Giving the best hugs in the greater Gambier area

Campus Activities: Did we mention varsity golf? Besides his favorite sport and giving quite literally the best hugs available on campus, Sadiq is a part of the South Asian Society, Eco, MESA and a tour guide for Admissions.

Relationship Status: Single like a Pringle who’s ready to mingle

HCK: If you can have any pet in the world, what is it gonna be?

Sadiq: Can it be extinct?

HCK: It can be imaginary, if you want!

Sadiq: A dodo bird!

HCK: What’s your favorite thing about Kenyon? Peirce doesn’t count as an answer.

Sadiq: The opportunities here are unmatched. The size means you can do so much more and I’m grateful for that.

HCK: Tell us your biggest irrational fear. We know it isn’t heights.

Sadiq: *laughs* No it’s definitely not heights. It’s probably people playing tricks on me or startling me.

HCK: Is that why you’re always pranking people?

Sadiq: No one ever pranks the prankster!

HCK: Just what exactly is your shoe size?

Sadiq: A size fourteen wide. Next question.

HCK: Do you have any freaky human talents?

Sadiq: I can juggle with golf balls. Not like circus juggling, but juggling the ball with the club. I can actually do some cool tricks and stuff.

HCK: Imagine you’re a superhero. What’s your super name?

Sadiq: Can you come back to me?

HCK: No, time’s up, we’re calling you the Maple Leaf and you’re super power is shooting authentic Canadian maple syrup out of your wrists like Spider man.

HCK: What do you miss most about Canada?

Sadiq: The Hockey! No one understands the gravity of hockey.

HCK: If you can take your dream date on the perfect Kenyon date what do you do?

Sadiq: Whatever it is, we end the night at my favorite spot at the KAC watching the sunset, or if it’s a clear night, there’s the best star gazing.

HCK: This is a special question requested by our readers: Why do you ALWAYS wear golf clothes?!?!??

Sadiq: ‘Cause I’m always golfing!

Image Credit: Metro, Tumblr, Facebook

Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.