Campus Cutie: Max Pierce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Name: Max Pierce

Year: Sophomore (2017)

Major: Poli-Sci, minor in History

Hometown: Richmond, VA

Activities: Delta Tau Delta, Wiggins Street Elementary, Chess Club (And hopefully more with the Fencing Club to come. Keep an eye out!)

Describe yourself in three words.

Loyal, Excitable, Kind.

What’s your favorite food?

Favorite Peirce food or favorite home food?

You can do both!

My favorite Peirce food has to be omelets.

Home: My dad’s steak or clams.

What do you love most about your hometown? What do you miss most?

One thing I love the most about my hometown is the historic architecture because I live on Monument Avenue, so all the buildings were built after the Civil War. It’s also filled with monuments of dead Confederate generals, so that’s cool. It’s history.

Hopefully, Gambier is starting to feel like home, too. What’s one of your favorite things about Gambier?

The atmosphere, or the people. I like living in such a small, little neighborhood where you are often running into people you know.

If you could live in any city in the world, where would you live and why?

I think London. I’ve only been there once for a week, so I’d love to see more of it. I’m not really sure why I want to be there, it just seems like a good place to be.

Rush is this week. Did you ever think you would go Greek? What got you to join a fraternity?

I initially didn’t see myself going Greek, but it was something I didn’t want to rule out. What made me go Greek was the people, especially the Delts. Everyone was very kind, very open. They went out of their way to get to know me. Some organizations can be kind of limiting, but Delta Tau Delta has expanded my horizons not limited them.

What’s one of your most ridiculous stories from college thus far?

Sliding down the KAC hill on Peirce tray.

Anything else you’d like to share?

Enjoy Rush!

California girl transported to the glory of the Midwest. Art History major, English minor. Proud nerd and Girl Scout. Blogger. Gund Gallery Associate. Class of 2017, loving every minute of exploring Gambier, Kenyon and myself to find what the future has in store.
Abigail Roberts is a senior English/Creative Writing major at Kenyon College. When she's not writing, she's wasting away on Netflix, voting, or being weird about Victorian literature.