Campus Cutie: Matti Freiberg ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is sophomore Matti Freiberg, a girl of many talents! You can find her killing it on the Women’s Rugby Team, being Kenyon’s greatest CA of all time or melting hearts when she sings with the Owl Creeks. She’s truly one of Kenyon’s greatest.

Name: Matti Freiberg
Age: 19
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Lakewood, Ohio
Major: Psych

HCK: What are your favorite things to do on campus in your free time?
MF: I like to play rugby, wobble, clean my room (yup), reenact musicals…always, and stay at Peirce just so I can eat brunch for hours. 

What is on your Kenyon Bucket List?
I definitely want to skinny dip in the Kokosing, get all my work done (if that qualifies)… and I definitely want to go up into the Old Kenyon Bell tower.  

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Well… I’m definitely going to have a dog. 

What are your plans for after college?
I want to work at summer camp for as long as feasibly possible.

What would be the title of your autobiography?
Darth Baiter’s True Life Story: Narcissistics Non-Anonymous  

If you could pick anywhere in the world to travel, where would you go and why?
Here. I really like here.

Favorite drink?
Russian fruit basket? Blue powerade? Water?

Top 3 CDs or musical artists?
Carole King, Bonnie Raitt, and Ludacris. 

Favorite book/author?
Margaret Atwood. She gets me. 

Favorite movie?
Either Dirty Dancing or Princess Bride. Decisions are not my strong suit. 

What’s your most impressive Peirce meal creation?
Secret is: If you put chickpeas on anything it will taste better. Yes, even soft serve. 

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.