Campus Cutie: Eric Baumeister

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Age: 19                                  

Graduation Year: 2018

Hometown: Hamilton, MA    

Major: Undeclared/Undecided          

Activities on Campus: Twelfth Night and The Importance of Being Earnest, Ultimate Frisbee, Creative Writing Club, and Tabletop Club – to a lesser degree.

Spirit Animal: [After great thought] – Probably Fletcher (Hartman, a fellow freshman)

What’s your favorite place on/around campus?

The tree that hangs over the Kokosing – it’s a great place to read and do homework and stuff.

What’s your favorite thing about Kenyon that keeps you excited about being here?

The people – I mean the people are all passionate about trying to find out what they want to do, they’re all incredibly talented, fun individuals, and they’re all warm. Also, other schools might offer a lot of different things but Kenyon is the warmest place I’ve come across, ever, which is ironic because, February.

What would you title your autobiography? And why?

[laughing] 300 Pages of Getting into Place Where I Really Shouldn’t Be – I’ve always been a big fan of trespassing – not like private property but railroad tracks and stuff. I was the five year old that would jump through neighbor’s yards just to get to school faster.

Choose one thing at Peirce to eat for the rest of your life.

The Mallow Oats with soy milk – I can eat that for days. Or alternatively, just peanut butter.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Time manipulation is cheating…but yeah time manipulation.

Where would you go if you can go anywhere at anytime, ever?

Ooh, hmmm… 1999 NYC – almost New Years: I just want to see what the big fuss is about. Also, I want to see what it was like when The Matrix was still a thing.

Last but not least, what is one thing your Kenyon bucket list? And have you crossed anything off that bucket list yet?

Well, I wanted to go to either end of the Gap Trail, and I’ve already gone to Mt. Vernon at the end. I want to climb to the top of Peirce and the top of the bell tower at the Church. I just want to explore, too.

Abigail Roberts is a senior English/Creative Writing major at Kenyon College. When she's not writing, she's wasting away on Netflix, voting, or being weird about Victorian literature.