Campus Cutie Celeb: Anna Yukevich ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Anna Yukevich is definitely not just any Campus Cutie. In fact, here at HerCampus Kenyon we couldn’t decide if Anna should fall under the cutie or the celeb cateogry–so we decided not to choose! Anna is known around campus for her impressive work on stage. Not only does she have a voice of an angel, but she also is an amazing actress. Often appearing in many campus performances, Anna definitely stays in touch with her artistic side!! I sat down with Anna to discuss what it is like to be a down-to-earth, beautiful, and talented Kenyon College student. 

Name: Anna YukevichYear: 2016Hometown: Vineyard Haven, MARelationship Status: SingleFavorite Ice Cream Flavor: One scoop of chocolate and one scoop of cookie dough. Oh, and a sugar cone!

HerCampus Kenyon: What are you involved in on campus? AY: I am involved with lots of theater! I am on the board of Stage Femmes and a frequent participant in KCDC (Kenyon College Dance and Dramatics Club). I am also a member of Take5, Kenyon’s jazz a cappella group. 

Describe your personal style?I love soft and cozy pieces. My three necessities are a sweater, boots, and a scarf. I love cashmere sweaters! Most of my sweaters are actually stolen from my mom. 

Describe your perfect day at Kenyon.I would wake up and be at Peirce in time for a delicious omelet. Then I would go to class and after,  I’d relax by going to play the piano. Then, I’d go for a run on the Gap Trail and afterwards, get some dinner at the VI.  If it was truly a perfect day, they would have my favorite soup- it has chickpeas in it. I would also be fine with their delicious spinach dal. Later, I’d go out with friends. Oh, on a perfect day I would also get a letter at the Post Office!

What do you look for in a love interest?I look for someone who thinks I am cool and treats me well. He has to make me laugh. I also like a sharp man. 

What is your favorite season at Kenyon?I like mild weather. So definitely weather that I can wear either a just a light jacket or sweater in. 

What play(s) are you currently working on at Kenyon?I am currently working on a play that is premiering on Thursday, January 31st called Seagull. I’m playing a character named Nina. There are showings on Thursday, Friday, andSaturday, all at 8 PM. (Call the box office for tickets!) Also, Take 5 is working on material for their next concert which will hopefully be sometime in March! 

Well, there you have it Kenyon, a girl so nice we crowned her twice–as Campus Cutie and Celeb that is! 

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.