Campus Celebrity: Casey Griffin ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Name: Casey GriffinAge: 22Grade: Senior (2014)Hometown: Chicago, Evanston; New York, BrooklynMajor/Minor: American Studies and Drama double majorCampus Activities: directing plays, KCDC, Stagefemmes, rugby, Senior Class Council, All My Leaders of Tomorrow(ALOT), senior interviewer

HCK: Tell us a little bit about your involvement in planning parties? Casey: I was in charge of food and wine and beer for soiree. But they messed up one of the beers, so if you had a bad beer its not my fault. Also my roommate and I DJ-ed the last half hour. Philander’s Ball is february 15th from 9:30-12:30. Lucy Phillips and Emma Strickler and I, who are all on SCC, saw that Phebruary Phunds applications were due the day before we had to turn them in so we did it. You should all come. Everyone’s invited. Except your weird uncle.

Name one thing no one at Kenyon knows about you.I’ve never been to jail.

What would your ideal date be while living at Kenyon?For someone to buy me and my friends dinner and then rub my back and not talk. And then cuddle with me after.

What’s on your Kenyon bucket list?To finally go to the Cove and taste alcohol for the first time.

What are your favorite things to do on campus in your free time?Tell people what to do. (See: directing)

If you could pick anywhere in the world to travel, where would you go and why?I want to go to Germany because I’ve been there and I liked it. I also want to go to South Africa, but I don’t have a good reason for that one.

Favorite books or author?John Steinbeck is one of my favorite authors. I love Gore Vidal. I also love “All The King’s Men.” “Love In The Time of Cholera,” and “100 Years of Solitude,” which are all by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

What’s the most impressive Peirce meal you’ve created?Just…yogurt.

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.