A Break Up Letter to Kenyon Wifi

Dear Kenyon Wifi,

I’ve been doing some thinking, and we need to talk. I know this has been a really busy time for you, so I hate to do this now, but the problems in our relationship are becoming too prevalent to ignore. I’m just going to come out and say it. Kenyon Wifi, I think we should break up.

When things first started getting serious, we were in our honeymoon phase. Even when we didn’t connect every now and then, we still found a way to work through it and accomplish so many things together. But, since our relationship has progressed, I can’t help but notice the foundations of our love splitting at the seams. If you want an explanation, here it is:

Even when I have repeatedly logged in, you continue to question me and ask me to do it again. Why don’t you trust me? I’m sorry, I just can’t be with someone that needs me to prove myself so often.

I also just really need you sometimes, like when I have a paper due online in five minutes––and suddenly you just abandon me. It makes me feel so vulnerable and lost. How could you do that to me? You know I need you. But you leave anyway. It’s like I can’t even trust you anymore.

Speaking of trust, where do you go when you disappear? Are you with someone else? When I try to get you back, it can take forever to work--you’re just suddenly ‘unable to connect.’ Who are they? Are they worth it?

All of these thoughts are constantly running through my mind, and I find myself worrying about the next time you might skip out on me. I know I can’t go on like this any longer, which is why I think we need to be apart. It’s for the best.

I don’t know how I’m going to live without you, but I have to give myself a chance at life and true love. I know I won’t be able to help but look back to see if you’ve had a change of heart. It’s hard not to hope someday you might love me the way I once loved you.

Until then, we can’t continue to be in a relationship that is a lie. I hope you can move on and reconnect––and don’t ever say I didn’t fight for you.

I wish you the best.

Sincerely,

Maddy Moriarty

Image Credit: Feature, 1, 2, 3