8 Acapella Looks to Rock on Middle Path!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Anyone who goes to Kenyon knows that Acappella groups are everywhere on our campus, and not just anyone can make the cut. Just like any other elite group (think T. Swift’s Squad), we’re sort of star struck by these darlings of the Rosse Stage. And, like we would any other celebrity, we’re dying to emulate a little piece of their fashion. Well, you’re in luck! Just read on to see eight outfits inspired by the Kenyon Acapella Scene! They’re “Pitch(ure) Perfect!”

The Ransom Notes

The Ransom Notes are the coolest. Co-ed, laid back, and rocking national Acapella contests, the Ransom Notes are just the folks to rock purple suspenders – and make them look awesome. Whether you’re on the stage in Rosse or walking down Middle Path, comfortable Converse and a chic white shirt-dress will keep you looking stylish and happy.

The Kokosingers

The Kokes have been around for a long time. Although they’re an all-men’s group, that doesn’t mean you can’t integrate their classic khaki-blazer combo into your fall wardrobe. With a tan midi-skirt and a fitted navy jacket, you’ll look just sophisticated enough to sing “All My Loving” to a crowd of adoring fans.

The Stairwells

The Stairwells are effortlessly cool, just like this outfit, featuring a plaid shirt-dress, a tan cardigan, and everyone’s favorite work boots. Grab your guitar and your favorite Sufjan song and you’re ready for whatever the day might throw at you.

The Owl Creeks

The ladies of the Owl Creeks are known for their stylish floral dresses (unless, of course, they’ve just put on their suit and tie….). Paired with nude heels and a cute (and appropriate) owl necklace, you can show of your love for this all-female singing sensation.

Colla Voce

Colla Voce has style that won’t make you fall asleep. With a classy LBD, gold accessories, and a sleek black binder, you’re ready to sing the enchanting sounds of this classical – and classy – group of ladies.

Take 5

Take 5’s style is no mistake. This stylish jazz-ensemble wears a lot of black – but a lack of color doesn’t mean you have to look boring! With tailored pants and wedge ankle boots, you’re ready to boogie-woogie. After all, it don’t mean a thing, if it ain’t got that swing

Männerchor

Hear me out on this one – the gentlemen of Männerchor have great sense in style. Emulate these sea-shanty singing men with a dark green blazer and plaid trousers – and don’t forget your bowtie to complete the look.

The Chasers

The Chasers are chasing their dreams on stage in Rosse. They have a crisp, cool vibe. Emulate it by donning some cool blue accessories with your tailored black pants and white button-down. And don’t forget some new shoes

There you have it! Which effortlessly cool Aca-look will you rock this week?

Image sources: Kenyon.edu, Youtube.com, Flickr.com, Giphy.com

Reagan Neviska is a senior at Kenyon College where she studies Anthropology and Music. She is an active member of her coed Greek service organization, The Archon Society, as well as the president of Gospel Choir, a Her Campus Chapter Writer, and a member of the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, where she plays percussion. Reagan's interests include reading, practicing and listening to music, playing with dogs (her family has four!) and watching Downton Abbey.  You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Reagaroni.