6 Must-Have Mugs For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

The leaves are changing, the sweaters are out, and cold weather will be here before we know it. What does that mean? It’s the perfect time to be drinking warm beverages. Whether you’re a coffee fanatic or a tea lover, here are six adorable mugs you can add to your collection and use as you feed your caffeine addiction.

1.  Alien Bubbles: This first mug is out of this world! It features an adorable little alien blowing bubbles that turn into planets. What could be more adorable? The artist who hand-painted this mug has tons of other designs that are all beautifully done.

2. Famous First Lines: For all of you book worms out there, this mug has a collage of famous first lines of literature printed on it. If you don’t recognize one, all you have to do is look on the bottom to find out where it’s from (and then read the book of course). It’s the perfect companion for when you have to read over one hundred pages of a novel in one night—it helps provide the energy you need while also reminding you why you enjoy reading.

3. Caffeine Molecule: Now one for the future scientists. With this mug, it’s almost as if you can see the individual caffeine molecules as you’re consuming them…oh wait…that’s the design of the mug! And really, who doesn’t want to look upon that glorious ring of carbons sprinkled with nitrogens, hydrogens, and oxygens? Yum.

4. Everybody Deserves Tea: This mug features a quote from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, but you don’t necessarily need to be a fan of the show to appreciate how true this quote is. Whether you’re drinking tea to stay away while studying, to wake you up in the morning, to de-stress, or because you really want a fourth cup, you deserve it.

5. Unicorn: They’re magical, they’re sparkly, they’re cute…enough said.

6. Kenyon Pop Art: A play on the famous “Kenyon is Not Near Uganda” t-shirt, this mug features a design that portrays a lady wishing that Kenyon was in fact near Uganda. A great mix of art and Kenyon humor, this mug should be seen all around campus.

So there you have it! The best part of all of these mugs is none of them are unreasonably priced, and most are dishwasher and microwave safe. Perfect for us college students. Add these mugs to your collection and you will never be out of caffeine or out of style.

Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.
Emma Miller, from Shaker Heights, Ohio,  is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. She is a co-president of StageFemmes, a Kenyon student theatre organization dedicated to showcasing the talents of women in drama. Emma spends her summers as Assistant Director at a Jewish performing arts camp. Emma is thrilled to be in her second year as co-Campus Correspondent for Kenyon's HC chapter.  Emma was a founding staff member of her high school's online magazine, and her writings have also been published on the FBomb. She is passionate about girls' education, Jimmy Fallon, iced tea, Ireland, Cleveland, and SmartWool socks.