5 Reasons to Come to the Spring Exhibition Opening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Did you love the senior art exhibition? Want to see more student involvement in the Gund Gallery? Here is where that begins: Thursday, April 23, from 5-7pm at Gund Gallery.

1. The shows are student curated.

Two teams of Gund Gallery Associates curated each of the exhibitions opening on Thursday. This is the first time that student associates have been so involved in the curating process at the Gallery, so it is a pair of very unique shows!

2. See a selection of the pieces donated by the Gunds

Intervention! Refine, Distort, Disguise, Expose is composed of pieces selected from a donation of 80 pieces from the Gund family to start a Gund Gallery collection into a cohesive exhibition. Intervention sets works by a variety of artists into pairings to juxtapose technique and theme.

3. Food Truck!

It’s coming to the end of the semester, and some of you may be getting a bit tired of the same old, same old in Peirce. In honor of the exhibition opening, the Mai Chau food truck will be pulling up on Middle Path to sell Vietnamese food from 5-7pm!

4. Explore identity through color

If you remember Color I from last spring, Color II is the next stage in this exhibition series. While Color I explored the theories and structures behind perceiving and understanding color and hue, Color II explores how artists use color to represent aspects of social identity and unravel stereotypes surrounding race and gender.

5. Delicious desserts

To add to the food and fun, the reception in the Gund Gallery will have an assortment of desserts to offer! Who could say no to free food?

Images: Gund Gallery email

California girl transported to the glory of the Midwest. Art History major, English minor. Proud nerd and Girl Scout. Blogger. Gund Gallery Associate. Class of 2017, loving every minute of exploring Gambier, Kenyon and myself to find what the future has in store.