10 Reasons We’re Excited for the Paper Towns Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

1. The Soundtrack:

If the music in the trailer and the Fault in Our Stars soundtracks are any indication, the movie soundtracks should be full of techno dance beats, slow jams, songs that brings smiles to our faces, and other tunes to rock out to this summer. The trailer features Twin Shadow by Mikki Ekko, and John Green composed his own playlist for the book back in 2008 [link below]. Hopefully, some of the author’s personal selections will make it into the film

2. Cara Delevingne’s Costume Design:

There’s no way Cara is going to look anything but fabulous… ever. Even when she’s playing the elusive Margo Roth Speigelman, we can expect that she’ll look runway ready. After all, she always does. No doubt the costume designers had a field day putting together a signature Margo-look for Cara, and because Margo is, unlike Cara, not a supermodel, we can look forward to some looks to recreate from our own closets this summer. (Bonus: Cara is going to pull together some killer red carpet ensembles for the premier, press events, etc.)

3. Seeing John Green On Camera

After John’s scene in TFiOS got cut, we were all disappointed. THANK GOD, this time John’s scene will remain in the movie. It has been confirmed! We’re all excited to see who the heck the author is playing and if he has any spoken lines. The biggest question is whether or not the hair and makeup crew was able to tame John’s puff long enough to get a decent shot.

4. Cara Delevingne’s American Accent

It’s easy to forget that Cara was born and raised in London, because her fame primarily comes from her Instagram, eyebrows, and modeling. The trailer proves, though, that Cara can pull off the accent. People have been skeptical all along, especially after debate over the quality Emma Watson’s accent in Perks of Being A Wallflower. Cara as usual is doing a completely, utterly fab-amaz-wonder-super-mega-awesome-rad job at everything she tries.

5. Cara Delevingne Proving That She Can Act

Even though Cara already proved her ability in Anna Karenina back in 2012 and has had numerous roles since, the hecklers won’t roll over. People have been bashing the model since day one, claiming she received the role in attempt to increase publicity surrounding the movie. Despite John Green’s insistence that he knew Cara would get the role upon his first viewing of the audition, the haters are going to hate all the way to theaters until they see Cara prove herself on the big screen.

6. Nat Wolff as Q

Nat Wolff has starred in a few movies himself, (Stuck In Love is 10/10, by the way), but most of us know him only from his role as Isaac in TFiOS. This time around, Nat is looking at a lot more screen time and an acting challenge of portraying Q. Readers know and love Q. Playing him accurately is no easy task, but the fans have made it obvious that they support this casting decision and that Wolff is up to the job.

7. THE WRITERS FROM THE FAULT IN OUR STARS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, the duo best known for their work on TFiOS and 500 Days of Summer, lead the project once again. This can only mean good things for the script and execution of the story line. There’s nothing nerdfighters and book nerds hate more than seeing a beloved book mutilated for the sake of making a few million. The Paper Towns story is good hands with these two, and it’s been proven by another non-John Green book adaptation, The Spectacular Now. The couple is known for their indie flick anti-romance comedies that bring us to tears and make us question our humanity. Basically, bring chocolate, ice cream, tissues and high expectations, because the writing is sure to please.

Image: moviepilot.com