This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

I’ve seen this trend going around on Tumblr recently where someone sends in their zodiac sign and the admin of the blog will tell them what the person they knew with that sign was like, or what they associate that sign with. I’ve always loved those and found them super interesting, so here’s my take on the zodiac signs, and how I perceive them. Let’s find out what I really think about you.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

Aquarius is vibrant, colorful, and not afraid to be themselves. You might even call them weird. They might wear fashion that one would usually question, but it works because of who they are as people. They are friendly and creative but can be independent and a bit aloof from time to time. I associate the color teal with Aquarius.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Pisces is emotionally detached but is generally intuitive, friendly and observant. They are typically creative and sensitive but can also be closed off and suffering in silence. Oh, and they’re SUPER awkward and don’t know how to interact with people. I associate the color green with Pisces.

Aries (March 21 – April 20)

Oh, Aries. Aries is passion and fire, as it is a fire sign. They are super compassionate and will be your best friend for life. They are SO IMPULSIVE but it keeps your life fun and gets you out of your comfort zone! They have a tendency to be emotional, but that’s what you love about them. Aries is red.

Taurus (April 21 – May 20)

Taurus is so down to earth. They are extra loyal and will be by your side in an instant if you are in a crisis. They will also just drive around with you with the windows down and the music loud or just sit with you in the grass. I associate Taurus with a chocolate brown.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Gemini pushes people away. They seem to only care about themselves and don’t think of others much. But, if they would only realize that people actually do love them and that they are worthy of love. I associate the color purple with Gemini.

Cancer (June 21 – July 20)

Cancer is a lot of drama, but I think that’s just because they don’t know how to express their overwhelming emotions. Cancer can also be moody and childish, but I think they grow out of it eventually. They add a lot of interest to your life. Cancer is sky blue.

Leo (July 21 – August 21)

Leo is the farthest from self-centered you can be. I think they use the self-centered stereotype as a form of self-deprecating humor, which makes them super hilarious. Leo has the loudest laugh but can also be quiet and reserved if they need to. Leo will be your best friend forever and ever. Leo is the color yellow.

Virgo (August 22 – September 22)

Everything people say about Virgo is true. Virgo is a neat freak, assertive and isn’t afraid to own the room. They seem so confident, but they’re secretly wracked with anxiety about everything they do. I see Virgo as nurturing and caring. Virgo is rose gold.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Libra is honest, caring and a little bit lazy. They seem like they don’t care when really they do care more than anything. You’ll miss Libra when they’re gone because there’s no one else like them. Libra is orange.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 22)

Scorpio is so reliable and open. You’ll know Scorpio for about two seconds before they say, “Hey, do you want to come over and watch a movie?” They are fearless but a little anxious, and the hyper-sexual stereotype of Scorpios is also very very true. It’s SO true. Scorpio is pink.

Sagittarius (November 23 – December 20)

Watch out for this one, because they are wild. Sagittarius will drag you to a party when you just want to stay in bed and will force you to pull an all-nighter just because. They are very bold and honest, to the point of being a bit blunt or brash. You love them anyway though because they’re so loyal you’ll be friends until you’re in the retirement home. Sagittarius is maroon.

Capricorn (December 21 – January 19)

Capricorn is mysterious. They act cold and arrogant when in reality they just use that as a shield for insecurity and sensitivity. One of their stereotypes is being boring, which is completely wrong, but another is being work-oriented, which is super true to a point of being a slight perfectionist. Capricorn is periwinkle.

Obvious disclaimer: None of these descriptions are set in stone and every person is different, including people of the same sign! No offense intended!

Haley Howard

Kent State '21

Haley Howard is an LGBT+ Art Education major at Kent State University. She enjoys painting, drawing, singing, and playing video games with friends.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.