This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Your new thrifting hot spot has reached Kent! blue, a Goodwill Boutique, had it’s grand-opening this past weekend. The event included a fashion show, style demos and refreshments.

blue consists of different clothing “departments” for men, women and even children. They also have a large collection of jewelry and other accessories.

The store is perfect for college students! The prices vary based on the condition of the item, the brand and if the item still has its original tags. The most expensive item in the store was $45 in the winter when the store carried fur coats. blue is currently displaying its spring collection.

The hottest items in the store are part of the pop-up shop that a local blogger, Dina Younis. She is well known in the Akron area. All of the clothing that she has in her pop-up shop was thrifted by her at some point. Everything is so stylish and well-priced!

@Dinasdays 

The fashion show featured bloggers from the Kent/Cleveland area. The bloggers were asked to go to blue and find an outfit that embodied a certain theme.

The bloggers included:

Lauren WardLisa Davala & Collyn Floyd Rachel BreeceAbby Rode Drennen…and myself, Danie Minor.

We all had different themes that ranged from date night, business casual, to a girls-night-out. We incorporated our own styles into the theme, which made it even more fun.

Make sure to go to downtown Kent and check out blue at 118 Main Street. 

Danie Minor

Kent State

Hey there! My name is Danie Minor, and I am a recent graduate of Kent State. I was a PR major who minored in Fashion Media Writing. I am currently on the job hunt and would love to work within the lifestyle PR realm. I am a city girl from the D.C. metro area. Make sure you check out my personal blog: Definingdanie.com! You can also find me on socialite @danieminor13!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.