This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The year 2015 has come to an end, but it brought a slew of unique hair trends from double buns to granny hair. While 2016 is sure to bring some more fun hairdos, let’s take a walk down memory lane and decide which styles to lay to rest and which to bring into the new year.

Double Buns

Double the bun, double the fun!

Miley Cyrus

Ariana Grande

Of course it wouldn’t be right if we didn’t include one of the first ladies to rock the world with double buns: Princess Leia.

Rich Girl Hair

The easy, laid-back look that graced multiple runways in 2015 has been dubbed “rich girl hair.” Think of it as a fancy and trendier way of saying: “I went to bed with damp hair and now it’s kind of wavy.”

Half Bun

It’s the upgraded version of a lazy girl’s half-up hairdo.

Zendaya Coleman

Kate Mara

Female Undercut

The decidedly “male” haircut made its way into female hair trends with daring shaved sides and subtle nape cuts.

Miley Cyrus

Natalie Dormer

Candy-Colored Hair

My Little Ponies weren’t the only ones with candy-colored manes last year. The rainbow of locks ranged from pastel pinks to sea foam greens.

Lauren Conrad

Halsey

Hilary Duff 

Braided Pigtails

This childhood haircut has made a comeback…and this time it’s for the older crowd!

Keri Hilson

Selena Gomez

Vanessa Hudgens

Ombre Hair

Ombre hair made growing out your roots not only forgivable, but fashionable!

Ciara

Khloe Kardashian

Granny Hair

Grey hair, silver hair, granny hair!

Dascha Polanco

Special Shoutout: Man Buns!!

What was your favorite 2015 hair trend? Will you be bringing any of them into 2016?

Tweet us @hckentstate and let us know what you think !

Hello! My name is Gabrielle, but I go by Gael and I am a junior public relations major. I'm a Filipino American with a love for traveling and I've lived in Manila, Shanghai and Ohio. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I'm writing for Flash Communications. You can also find me blogging, tweeting and whatever else comes with maintaining my multitude of online presences (and Her Campus' as well). I also enjoy shopping, obsessing over Star Wars, puppies, making videos for my youtube channel and buying too many books than I have time for. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet! xx
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.