Women’s field hockey takes the win in Cancer Awareness game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

On Sunday Oct. 2nd, the Kent State Golden Flashes took on the Central Michigan Chippewas in women’s field hockey. The game was part of a cancer awareness event that the Golden Flashes were hosting. Before the game started, there was a moment of silence for those who lost their lives or loved ones to cancer.

Kent State took an early lead in the first few minutes of the game when Shannon Talbot scored with an assist from Jessica Nesbit. Nesbit assisted in three of the five goals the Flashes scored. Later in the first period both Kristie Lober and Allison Harmartz scored. While Lober scored on a penalty shot with the help from Sylvia Malgosa, Harmartz scored one of her two goals of the day with an assist from Nesbit. Her second goal came in the second period off of a shot deflection. The last goal of the day came from Ines Delpech with an assist from both Sylvia Malgosa and Madison Thompson. The Flashes went on to dominate the game winning with a score of 5-0.

The women’s field hockey team is currently 7-5 and 3-0 in the Middle- American Confrence. They have six regular season games left and are currently in first place. You can check out their next game on Sunday Oct. 9th at 12 p.m. against the Missouri State Bears.

Hey! My name is Amanda Levine and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I love playing softball, listening to music, and watching netflix.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.