This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With the weather getting colder, it’s time to start binge watching TV shows.  My most recent obsession is the Apple TV original series, “Ted Lasso.”  The show is about an American football coach who was hired to coach an English football team (aka soccer) in England.  

I know this may not sound very interesting if you’re not into sports, but the show is way more than that.  There is a comedy aspect because the main character, Ted, has never coached an English football before so he has no idea how the game is played.  But, Ted is more concerned on how the team functions together and not so much about winning.

As the show goes on, you learn more and more about every individual character and end up loving them in their own unique way.  I don’t know if I have ever watched a more binge worthy show. After just one episode you are hooked.  Not only that, but after watching “Ted Lasso” you just feel happy.  The show gives off such good energy and can make your entire day.

Also you never know what is going to happen.  As soon as you think you know what is going on, they just throw you a curveball.  This is another thing that makes “Ted Lasso” so binge worthy.  It is even an award winning show.

At the 2021 Emmys, the show took home a total of seven awards. This shows how much of an impact the show has since it is only on its second season, which is not all released yet. These awards gave Apple TV bragging rights with it being the first streaming service to win an Emmy award.  

Basically what I’m saying is go get your seven day free trial to AppleTV and binge watch “Ted Lasso.”  Get some snacks and get comfortable, you are in for a wild ride.

Lillie Leasure

Kent State '24

Hello, my name is Lillie Leasure. I am a sophomore here at Kent State University. My major is Journalism and minor in Design. My home town is Butler Pa, which is about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh. In my free time I like to journal, read, watch Netflix and spend time with friends and family.