brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why we love Her Campus Kent State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As the semester drags on we often forget why we joined something in the first place. The initial spark may die down, but our love for Her Campus will never fade. I joined Her Campus during my freshman year and haven’t looked back since. Currently serving as Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent, I couldn’t be more thankful for this organization. Her campus has brought me so many friendships, life changing experiences and leadership opportunities that I would have never found anywhere else.

Her Campus is such a rewarding organization to be a part of and the members of Her Campus at Kent State want to share their experiences.

“I love HC because it’s an incredible support system for young women all striving to reach their goals and fulfill their dreams in a tough industry. It has helped me make some of the best connections in my college career!” –Krista Zolton, President and Campus Correspondent

“I joined HC because it allows me to inspire others while discovering my voice and beliefs!” –Lexi Keida, Editorial Team Writer

“I love HC Kent State because it gives me the opportunity to meet many driven, inspirational women whom empower me to become a better version of myself!” –Madeline Scalzi, Social Media Team member

“I love HC because it empowers me and keeps me connected to so many wonderful women in all different chapters.” –Lexi Marco, Editorial Team Writer and Social Media Team member

“I joined Her Campus as a way to connect with other women who shared my passion for writing and media! I have found amazing friends, inspiration and growth as a writer through our chapter at Kent State. I am looking forward to attending Her Conference and learning even more about all of the girl power in the media industry!” –Natalie Eusebio, Editorial Team writer and Events Team member

“I joined HC Kent State because I’ve been reading HC since high school. I knew being a part of such a respected and well known media publication would allow me to build a diverse writing portfolio.” –Jillian Holness, Editorial Team Writer

“I joined HC to become involved on campus. Being a part of HC has allowed me to grow my voice as a writer, all while meeting so many cool and diverse women” –Mandy Zocali, Events Team member

“I joined HC to gain experience as a writer and to meet new people. I’m so glad I did because it has done just that, and allowed me to meet so many talented and driven women!” –Lauren Milligan, Editorial Team Writer

“I joined HC because I saw the real-life opportunities it was going to give me that I knew I wouldn’t get in any other student organization!” –Danie Minor, Publicity and Marketing Director

“I love HC because it gives women an opportunity to use their voice on important issues and gain experience in such a competitive field! I also love all of our members and giving them a place to feel at home during their college years.” –Corinne Zielinski, Events Director

“I joined HC Kent State because I was interested in joining a club on campus that involved the fashion industry. Event planning was a job that I was interested in and wanted to learn more about.” –Lauren Howley

“My favorite HC memory was when Gina Rodriguez liked the Motivation Monday tweet I created for HC KSU’s Twitter! It was cool to know that our content reaches beyond Kent!” –Erin Keller, Editorial Team Writer and Social Media Team member

“I love HC because it helped me break out of my shell, get involved on campus and meet amazing people, along with giving me great opportunities!” –Jada Montozzi, Social Media Team member

Sammy Pesick is a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She has a passion for food and a weakness for designer purses while polka dots are her aesthetic. Sammy is currently the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Kent State where she strives to share her love of Her Campus with the Kent State community.