This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The red carpet was on the dark side this year. We saw all black everything- from pantsuits to dresses.  

Madonna showed us that she still has it with her cleavage popping out and her thigh high boots in this matador-inspired outfit.

Gwen Stefani’s rocker-inspired pantsuit brought some edge to the red carpet.

Miranda Lambert showed a pop of color with these hot pink straps. They added a twist to her simple black dress.

Miley Cyrus covered up for the most part in this long black dress with racy cutouts and a deep neckline.

All hail Queen B! She looked stunning in this floor-length black gown. The sheer lace and the deep neckline made the perfect combo of risqué and classy.

Nicki Minaj left little to the imagination with her barley-covered, deep neckline in this black body-hugging, fringe dress.

Anna Kendrick looked Pitched Perfect in this risqué menswear suit. She even decided to go shirtless.

Although black was the “it” color for the Grammys this year, these stars managed to take a different route with color or lack thereof.  

Katy Perry was elegant from head to toe with this 1920s style dress and her lilac-colored hair. The beading and fringe on the dress added to her vintage-glam look.

Kim Kardashian West’s robe dress with intricate details on the shoulders, pockets and sleeves made her look glamorous. She added a risk factor with her deep neckline and high slit. 

Taylor Swift looked absolutely breath taking in this hi-low, teal gown. Her purple pumps added to the springy feel of the dress.

Iggy looked beautiful in this royal blue cutout ensemble. She followed the deep neckline trend.

Rihanna looked Barbie-chic in this bold poofy look. The bubblegum pink made her skin glow.

Katharine McPhee’s reveling pink gown shows off her curves. The metal-covered cutouts added an edgy touch to this feminine dress. 

Lady Gaga looked mermaid-chic in this sliver flashy gown. Her deep neckline and high slit made this look über sexy. 

Pop culture enthusiast, adventure seeker, lover of all things purple and an expert on Marilyn Monroe.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.