This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Everyone knows of the infamous serial killer Ted Bundy. If you didn’t know him before the Netflix series starring Zac Efron, I’m sure you do now. What you may not know is that Bundy had a daughter. As for where she is now? The jury is still out. 

Carole Anne Boone and Bundy began a relationship in 1974 after Bundy had already begun kidnapping, raping and murdering young women. They worked together at the Washington State Department of Emergency Services and apparently hit it off. According to Cosmopolitan, Bundy was helping to search for missing girls, whom he would then kill himself. 

Screenshot of Taylor Swift\'s Music Video: she\'s on a train
Taylor Swift

After Bundy was arrested in 1975, their relationship actually became stronger. She visited him regularly in prison and smuggled him money, helping him to plan his successful escape. Bundy, of course, killed again and was back on trial in Florida, where Boone had moved to be closer and testify on his behalf. 

During this time, it was common for guards to be bribed, meaning that Bundy and Boone were able to have sex on multiple occasions. The two were “legally” married after Boone was called to the stand by Bundy, who was representing himself, during the trial and he asked to marry her. An old Florida law states that as long as a judge is present during a declaration of marriage in court, the intended transaction is legally valid according to All That’s Interesting

Bundy ultimately received three death sentences for the evil he committed. The couple had continued to be intimate during Boone’s visits, and she even smuggled him drugs. 

Two years into his time on death row in October of 1981, Rose Bundy was born. She is believed to be the only biological child of Ted Bundy. 

Anna Schultz-Black And White Girl From Behind
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
So, then what happened? Well, we know that Boone and Bundy divorced three years before he was killed by the electric chair and after that things are a mystery. It is likely that Carole Boone changed her name as well as that of her daughters. Rose is supposedly a pseudonym, understandably. Today, she would be 37 years old. 

Author Ann Rule, who knew Bundy from the suicide crisis center wrote The Stranger Beside Me. She stated that “I have heard that Ted’s daughter is a kind and intelligent young woman, but I have no idea where she and her mother may live. They have been through enough pain.” 

Wherever the two are, it is clear that they don’t want to be found for good reason. 

Cassidy Gladieux

Kent State '23

Cassidy is a junior journalism student at Kent State minoring in creative writing. This is her third year writing for Her Campus and first year as a senior editor. Cassidy is also a features writer for KentWired. In her free time, she loves to read, go on runs, and cuddle with her dog. In the future, Cassidy hopes to write for a digital magazine and travel around the world!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.