This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

For those who may not know, Paris Fashion Week is one of the biggest fashion events of the year. Designers from all over come to display their new season’s pieces on the runway. Celebrities of all kinds come as well, often wearing custom designer pieces to the shows. Paris Fashion week this year was September 25th through October 3rd. Some of the top designers, as well as the celebrities who went to their shows, are shown below. 

Christian Dior 

Season: Spring 2019 Ready-to-Wear

Celebrities in attendance:

Blake Lively

Shailene Woodley

Haim sisters

The Show:

Dior’s Spring 2019 show started off with a performance of dancers as the models began to walk down the flower petal covered runway. The dancers continued their performance throughout the entire show, weaving in and out of the models as they walked. The collection features a wide array of neutrals with long flowing skirts and fabrics. There were also some darker colored suit-like garments shown. All of the models sported ballet slippers or flat sandals of some sort.

Saint Laurent

Season: Spring 2019 Ready-to-Wear

Celebrities in attendance:

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Cindy Crawford

Kate Moss

The Show:

The Spring 2019 Saint Laurent show featured models literally walking on water. The black stage was covered in a thin layer of water, making it appear as though the models were walking on water. As for the collection, it featured a lot of suit-like garments in primarily black and white. Pops of color were also seen in suit jackets, hats, scarves and other accessories. The collection as a whole has a very sophisticated feel while still being appropriate for everyday wear. 

Chloé

Season: Spring 2019 Ready-to-Wear

Celebrities in attendance:

Rowan Blanchard

Haim sisters

The Show:

Chloé’s Spring/Summer 2019 collection can basically be summarized in one word- bohemian. It features a lot of neutrals as well as long flowing floral fabrics. There is a lot of layering involved in the collection as well as lots of accessorizing. Much of the jewelry is big chunky earrings and statement necklaces. The shoes all appear to be flat sandals of some sort.

Céline

Season: Spring 2019 Ready-to-Wear

Celebrities in attendance:

Lady Gaga & Karl Lagerfeld

Alexa Chung

The Show:

Céline’s collection for Spring 2019 featured both menswear and womenswear. The majority of the collection for both genders was black with a few pops of color here or there. The menswear was a lot of suits or jackets with clean lines. As for the womenswear, it consisted of mostly dresses with a more futuristic feel. There wasn’t a whole lot of accessorizing as the garments made the statement.

These are just a few of the many designers who featured their collections at Paris Fashion Week this year. Each collection seems to highlight on something different, however, almost all of them feature a neutral color palette, one that will likely be trending in the upcoming season.

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.