This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Alright my beautiful and horny readers, sorry to bust your boners because this is one of few articles discussing Pornhub for what it does outside of its most well-known purpose. Now, no one has to be ashamed for using this website. Pornhub was the No. 13 visited site in 2018, while Google was the first visited site. (I’m assuming the 92 million daily visitors to this adult website liked to use Google to navigate to this website!) Regardless of what you’re “into,” we can all get behind some of the charitable work Pornhub has been carrying out for years. They also have porn videos with women named Charity, but that is beside the point. 

Pornhub cares about you getting off and they care about saving the world through PornHub Cares. This well-trafficked website donates money to charities and collaborates with certain nonprofits to make an impact in their international viewing community, especially right here in the U.S. After all, we Americans are the hub’s best audience. This country is not perfect in the slightest, but check out the great work the site is doing to prove that they care!

They provide sex education lessons for everyone. (We mean everyone.)

Lucky us, we live in the age where abstinence-only sex education is the norm in a majority of middle and high schools. PornHub has a special resource for accurate comprehensive sex education called the Sexual Wellness Center. Run by Dr. Laurie Betito, this webpage tackles topics like STD prevention and reproductive health, all the way to BDSM and sex toys. Dr. Laurie even does frequent Q and A sessions with curious kids and adults. The answers won’t be your typical, “just wear a condom” spiel, so ask away! 

Recently, Pornhub cares launched a brand new campaign for those who are sexually active in their golden years. Old School: A Complete Guide to Safe Sex After 65​ is a video series and resource for our elderly population that wants to have fun. Fun fact: STDs are a huge issue among nursing home residents. Don’t think too hard about your grandparents, they want to have fun, too!

They give out scholarships.

Get your head out of the gutter! They don’t give away scholarships for THAT! Pornhub gave away two $25,000 scholarships: one for women in technology and one to the person who could best answer the question, “How is your work contributing to a better future for the world?” Size doesn’t always matter, but that is a sizeable scholarship. 

They donate money to breast cancer research.

Boobs are like puppies. We must protect them at all costs and hold them often. During October, otherwise known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Pornhub donates money to breast cancer research charities when certain video categories are watched. Its time to save the boobs and love your own boobies!

They’re inclusive to the hearing-impaired and visually-impaired communities.

Getting turned on is only human. If you’re interested in adult content, you shouldn’t be hindered by a disability or impairment. Pornhub loves diveristy and acceptance, so it only makes sense that they’d gear content at as many groups as possible. They recently added closed captioning, along with descriptive and interpretive text, to their videos so deaf viewers can have an even more intimate experience. Additionally, they noted, “As part of our ongoing efforts to make Pornhub more accessible for everyone, we will now feature enlarged text, customized color contrasts and keyboard shortcuts to assist our visually impaired visitors.” We love a website that builds bridges to all viewers!

They’re fighting to end domestic violence.

Pornhub is consciously aware of relstionship and spousal violanece. The Pornhub Cares crew collaborated with adult actress Christy Mack to create a limited edition clothing line. All proceeds went to organizations working to help victims of violence. Though the clothing line is no longer available on the website, all the information and resources for help against domestic abuse can be found on Pornhub.

They fight against revenge porn.

It is no secret that revenge porn runs rampant on the internet. There is no pain like that of seeing your private images or videos shared on the web without your consent. As one of the leading adult content providers on the World Wide Web, Pornhub has mechanisms and features in place to combat this heinous crime. According to the Huffington Post, “They now allow users to flag and report videos and give reasons for doing so, including that the video was posted without proper consent. Since then, the site has seen a 38 percent decline in revenge porn complaints.” That decrease is astounding!

They participated in the Day Without Women.

On March 8th, 2017, also International Women’s Day, was celebrated in several places across the globe. For example, every woman at Saturday Night Live took the day off to show the whole staff what a day without women would be like. Pornhub followed suit by deactivating all adult content featuring women for the entire day. “It is important to remember women are not simply sex objects but are our equals and deserve respect,” they said. 

They donate to animal charities!

Saving the environment and the animals in it is quite a turn on! In the past, Pornhub Cares created many campaigns aimed specifically at raising money for wildlife. The website donated $100 to panda conservation organizations per uploaded video of a specific category. Each view on these videos would result in a donation of 1 cent. In 2016, whales were shown some love. Pornhub’s reason being, “World Whale Day is February 13th, so Pornhub has pledged to help save the whales by donating 1 cent for every 2000 videos viewed on the site, from February 8th – 29th to whale conservation efforts. All proceeds will be going to The Moclips Cetological Society, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving the whales through knowledge and conservation.” Our hearts are exploding… among other things!

Even if you do not agree with the content PornHub shares all over the world, we can all agree that they are making the world a better place with their huge platform. We can’t wait to see what the website does with future PornHub Cares campaigns!

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!