Style

What to Wear: Fall 2018’s Biggest Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The worlds biggest designers took you back in time this season. They displayed modern twists to familiar trends and are encouraging you to step out of your comfort zone. From bold colors and prints to elevated silhouettes, we’ve chosen some of our favorite trends for Fall/Winter 18.

Mad for Plaid

Channel your inner Cher and embrace the plaid. Mix and match or wear a set, you won’t look Clueless in this trend.

Versace

Michael Kors CollectionChristian Dior

Perfectly Pink and Red

Who says you can’t wear bright colors in the fall? Hot pinks and reds danced across the runways turning up the heat for fall.

Christian Siriano

Valentino

Prabal Gurung

Anything Animal Print

Welcome to the jungle. All over animal prints are back and better than ever. Take the full cheetah plunge or start small with a printed clutch.

Balenciaga

Tom Ford

Max Mara

Boho Chic

Kick back and relax in the flowy layers of prairie dressing. Embrace the earthy tones, large layers, long dresses and dainty prints.

Tory Burch

Coach 1941

Elie Saab

80s Party

Get ready to break out your shoulder pads. There’s no party like an 80s party and the runway has everything you need to go back in time–bright, short, sparkly, poofy and fun.

Saint Laurent

Attico

Isabel Marant

Lots of Layers

From large puffy jackets, to capes and oversized outerwear, staying warm is in style. Bundle up and top of your look with loads of layers.

Balenciaga

Alexander McQueen

Prabal Gurung

All-Over Leather

Leather is no longer just for accessories. Take advantage of this texture across your wardrobe—pants, dresses, skirts, jackets.

Hermes

Alexander McQueen

Givenchy

All images from Vogue.com

Sammy Pesick is a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She has a passion for food and a weakness for designer purses while polka dots are her aesthetic. Sammy is currently the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Kent State where she strives to share her love of Her Campus with the Kent State community.