Style

Valentine’s Day-Inspired Outfits for Any Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

“What should I wear?” A common phrase every girl has said at least once in their life. Since Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching us, what better way to celebrate than getting all dolled up. Whether you are going out with a significant other or even some friends, no one should spend Valentine’s Day alone. And after months upon months of wearing sweatpants (thank you, COVID-19), this is a perfect opportunity to break out that dress that has been collecting dust. Here are five fashion and beauty staples you can incorporate into your wardrobe this Valentine’s Day!

get in loser mean girls
Paramount Pictures

A Bold Red Lip

Taylor Swift in Blank Space music video
UMG / Big Machine Records / Youtube
Whenever I think of Valentine’s Day the first thing to pop up in my mind is the color red. Red roses galore and a bold red lip to be exact. If you’ve never tried wearing red lipstick try it out, it may surprise you. Channel your inner T-Swift red lip. 

Your Favorite Dress

Lirika Matoshi strawberry midi dress on model
Photo via Lirika Matoshi
It is time to break out that dress you bought all those months ago that still has the tags on. Valentine’s Day is meant to celebrate love, so why not put on something you absolutely love to wear? There’s this quote from Yves Saint Laurent that I adore. He says, “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it”. 

A Classic Pair of Heels

Black Heels on wood floor
Photo by Luis Quintero from Pexels
Yes, I can already feel your pain of wearing some heels, but they look too good to not wear them. On the plus side, it is only for a night! I have learned that confidence is key when it comes to wearing a pair of heels. The taller the heel, the more confidence you got, girl. 

Fun Nails

woman painting nails with pink polish
Photo by Element5 Digital from Pexels
If you ask me, having your nails done instantly makes you feel more put together than you actually are. There is no need to spend a ton of money on your nails, simply adding a few coats will add a bit of color to your outfit. And if you love to wear rings it undoubtedly elevates your jewelry game. 

Sweater and Skirt Combo

Not a dress kind of girl? Try pairing a nice sweater with a skirt. And if you’re not comfortable wearing a skirt, pair the sweater with your favorite pair of jeans. You can never go wrong with a cute and comfy sweater, especially since it’s freezing this time of year. 

I hope you have an amazing Valentine’s Day and don’t forget to tell the people that mean the most to you that you love them!

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.