etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Spring Break Staycation Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

When you think spring break you think sunny beaches, warm weather and vacationing with friends. However, sunny and warm vacations are not always in the budget for the average collegiette, such as myself. So this spring break, instead of lounging on the beach in some tropical destination, I will be making the trip back home, watching everyone’s Snapchat stories featuring warmer places. Here are some ways to make the most of your spring break staycation!

1. Go on a shopping spree

What could be better than shopping? Not much in my opinion. Take a day trip to the mall to stock up on all of your new spring and summer clothes.

2. Have a rainy day movie marathon

Spring weather is bound to include a rainy day, so take advantage of it. Have a Gilmore Girls inspired movie marathon day. Put on your pajamas, gather up your friends and all the snack you can find and watch some good movies.

3. Have a spa day

Pamper yourself! There is nothing better than getting a massage, mani/pedi or having your hair done to release the stress of the semester.

4. Try somewhere new and unique to eat

Be adventurous. Drive around and try that restaurant that you have been passing your whole life. Or, get the girls together, dress up and go out for a fancy meal. The possibilities are truly endless, and you never know what you may find.

5. Enjoy the outdoors

Hopefully all the snow is gone and far out of site, so enjoy the spring weather. Go to a park, walk around town, go to the zoo or just put a blanket down in your back yard and sit and enjoy the weather.

6. Sleep in

One thing that college students are lacking is sleep. Clear your day so you don’t feel like your missing out on something when you wake up at one in the afternoon. Your mind and body will thank you for it.

7. Spend time with your family

Whether this is your first spring break, or your last, you spend most of your time away from home. Even though they may never admit it, your family misses you everyday and will never truly get used to the fact that you’re gone. Enjoy your time off of school and take advantage of the days you have with them!

Sammy Pesick is a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She has a passion for food and a weakness for designer purses while polka dots are her aesthetic. Sammy is currently the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Kent State where she strives to share her love of Her Campus with the Kent State community.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.