This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

We’re back……and so is Taylor Swift! By now, you’ve probably at least heard of Tswift’s new song. But in case you have not, it’s titled “Look What You Made Me Do” and OH BOY has it caused a rumble in the entertainment world. Taylor seems to be pulling a Miley Cyrus and completely revamping her look. Say “goodbye” to America’s sweetheart! From blonde curly locks and country songs to black lipstick and zombie music videos, we can officially say that the old Taylor is dead. (Literally, she killed all versions of the old Taylor in the music video.) It’s safe to say that this was something no one saw coming, but the change has come with good reason.

With all of the Kanye and Kim drama, the Katy Perry feud and the media constantly making fun of Swift for her boy problems, she finally snapped back. We usually expect Taylor to take the high road or write a sentimental song about her experiences, but this time she’s out for blood. Although she still turned to song writing as her power outlet, this type of music is not what we are used to. The lyric music video hit over 19 million viewers in its first day on YouTube according to the Washington Post and the song was played more than 8 million times on Spotify which broke global records. The craze first began when all of Swift’s social medias were wiped clear, including her profile picture. Fans were left with many unanswered questions until dark, chain videos of a snake were posted. It was August 23rd when Swift then announced her new single would be released at midnight on Thursday, August 24th. The song, “Look What You Made Me Do” went viral and basically broke the internet. But how do we feel about this new, dark Tswift?

Taylor Swift was known to be a role model for girls all over the globe, which some people are now questioning. BUT, why turn our backs on her now? With performers like Miley Cyrus chopping her hair off and twerking on stage at the VMAs, fans stuck by her regardless. Cyrus did what she needed to do in order to make herself happy and prove to others she’s not a little girl anymore, only to come back two years later better than ever. Isn’t that what Taylor is doing? After being shamed in the media and constantly made fun of in the entertainment business, she is coming back to show she will not take the heat anymore. Maybe some people do not like how she’s acting at the moment, but she’s doing what she needs to do in order to make a different image for herself. I mean, can you blame her? Moral of the story: don’t mess with the new Tswift.

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.