Trends Surfacing from New York Fashion Week Fall 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Here is everything you need to know about common trends at NYFW 2023!

With the end of New York Fashion Week, several trends have been emerging for the upcoming season. Many designers incorporated details such as flowers, bows, sheer, sequins and the color red. These details are projected to be the main trends seen this fall and winter.

Brands such as Kate Spade and Carolina Herrera took the reigns in using sequins and florals in their designs. On day one of NYFW, Kate Spade, presented a gorgeous sequined sweatsuit that grabbed the eyes of everyone in the audience. Carolina Herrera presented a black cardigan paired with a black maxi skirt that was covered in fun florals. The rest of the accessories seen on the model were also floral.

Designers Melke and Sandy Laing incorporated bows in their main looks. Melke’s look featured a blue sheer top covered in powder and navy blue bows. The top was paired with red trousers, hitting two of the season’s major trends at once. Sandy Laing’s look was much more sophisticated featuring a long sleeve, ruffled white turtle neck with a sheer neckline paired with white trousers. Also seen in the look, was a thin black ribbon tied around the neck of the model.

If you want to step up your look and start dressing for the runway, these trends are the perfect place to start. Incorporating bows and florals are a great way to spice up a plain outfit. You can put bows everywhere starting in your hair, on your shoes, shirt and pants. You can even tie a bow on a purse or a pair of headphones! Flowers are just as easy to incorporate into a look, especially if they are on a broach.

Whether you are scrolling on social media or walking down the street, be sure to keep an eye out for this season’s fashion trends.

Mallory Hughes

Kent State '27

Hello, My name is Mallory Hughes and I am a freshman at Kent State University.