This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

From daring fashions to timesaving technology, trends of all shapes and sizes have the ability to evolve almost overnight. Having a hard time keeping up with what’s buzzing?  Have no fear! This compressed guide includes just some of the many trends Kent Staters having been obsessing over.

Pants with Leather Detailing

Want to try the leather look without committing full throttle? Pants or leggings that incorporate a touch of leather on the thigh or calf are the ideal way to channel your inner Sandy from Grease “You’re the One that I Want” moment, while still being able to breathe. Promise me though that you’ll never pair them with plastic flip-flops. Thanks.

Geode Jewelry

These luxurious stones aren’t just for home décor. From delicate necklaces to oversized earrings, almost any accessory is available adorned with a geode. The jewels get personal by each stone having a unique shape and size, totally one-of-a-kind. Don’t be afraid to pair these snazzy pieces up with a scalloped blouse, or go casual with a gray tee and let the gems speak for themselves.

French Bulldogs

Popping up everywhere, these pudgy pups are too cute not to dote on. Designer Marc Jacobs has been known to feature the frenchie on casual tees and even iPhone cases. Très chic!

Uber

Being able to mindlessly bar hop has never been easier with Uber. We expect the taxi-like app to attract students especially in the winter months. Below freezing in heels is just not an option. 

“I woke up like this” Hair

Tousled locks with careless waves are not only acceptable, they are covetable. Not to mention the extra 15 minutes of sleep would be much appreciated. Ladies with the perfect air-dried hair should do nothing but flaunt their highly envied genes. With a hair flip to go with it.

Twisted Meltz

Quietly tucked away in Acorn Alley, Twisted Meltz is best known for its uniquely crafted grilled cheeses. Customize your own, or stress over choosing from one of their many mouthwatering creations. Comfort food with a punch, grilled cheese has never looked so Instagram worthy. 

Junior Fashion Merchandising student at Kent State University. Lover of Pilates, Sex and the City, Decorating, Entertaining, Marie Claire, Thai food, the Olsen twins, Christmas, and Traveling.