Style

Top Ten Looks from September’s Fashion Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

September has been a whirlwind for the fashion industry. Between shows in New York, London, Milan and Paris, designers around the world were working incredibly hard to show their spring 2020 collections. Here are my top ten favorite looks from the month!

Rejina Pyo, London Fashion Week

This look from Rejina Pyo, a London based designer, is absolutely gorgeous. The rib-knit leggings beneath this light-as-air dress make this look just casual enough. This would be acceptable to wear to get groceries come spring, right?

Self-Portrait, New York Fashion Week

Mixing fabrics and textures is one of my favorite things to do, and this look by Self-Portrait executed the trend effortlessly. Special props for demonstrating that navy and black really CAN be worn together!

Christian Dior, Paris Fashion Week

Florals are a must for spring, and I am in love with this seemingly vintage-inspired print. Christian Dior incorporated these gorgeous patterns and subdued colors into the majority of their collection.

Dries Van Noten, Paris Fashion Week

Although the feather makes this look by Dries Van Noten fit right in on the runway, this outfit is actually made from pieces that I would gladly fit into my wardrobe right now! Voluminous sleeves and simple midi skirts are two trends that I am a huge fan of, what better look is there than one that combines both?

Elie Saab, Paris Fashion Week

Elie Saab used laser cut outs throughout the collection on very simple pieces. This shirt dress is made much more dramatic with the detailing on the front, along with the incredible volume in the skirt.

Christian Siriano, New York Fashion Week

I have been in love with Christian Siriano for awhile, and this dress is the perfect example as to why. He has such an incredible gift for manipulating fabrics, especially tulle. His entire spring 2020 collection spans a variety of styles however, reflecting different artists that he designed the pieces within the collection around.

Thom Browne, Paris Fashion Week

Perhaps the most ‘out there’ looks in this list, Thom Browne’s spring collection truly creates an eclectic feeling. The influences that he used are very clear and the artistic nature that he went about creating each look is very intriguing.

Oscar de la Renta, New York Fashion Week

Florals are back again, but this time with Oscar de la Renta’s color blocked twist. This print reminds me of patchwork, which is a trend that I am loving for the upcoming seasons!

Givenchy, Paris Fashion Week

I am always here for a good monochromatic moment, and this look from Givenchy is no exception. The different textures give the outfit a sense of variety that it does not get from color, and the tied detail around the neck is super fun!

Off-White, Paris Fashion Week

This list truly would not be complete without a look from Off-White. This was one of my favorites from the collection, although it was difficult to choose just one. Not only were the garments incredible, the show itself had a good amount of diversity within the models that I loved.

Paige Sammons

Kent State '22

Paige is a sophomore student at Kent State University studying fashion design and minoring in accessories. When not writing, you can find Paige baking, painting, or sewing. She loves the environment, catching up with friends at coffee shops and caring for her cactus, Clarence.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.