For all of the coffee lovers out there who are looking to try out different coffee shops, here are just a few!
1. The Rise & Shine Café is located in Acorn Alley on Erie Street near Laziza and is just minutes from campus. If you’re looking for some quality coffee and amazing service this café is open Tuesday to Saturday from 7:30am until 2:00am and Sundays from 8:00am until 2:00am. Rise & Shine Café also has an impressive breakfast menu served during all hours of the morning and night!
2. Located right next door to The Rise & Shine Café is Tree City Coffee & Pastry. Not only is this place clost to campus, but it also has a drive-thru! Tree City has healthy breakfast foods for students looking for a quick meal. They offer freshly baked bagels, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, and peanut butter sandwiches. Their hours are 6:30am-9:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturdays from 7:30am to 9:00pm, and Sundays from 8:00am until 8:00pm. I highly recommend Tree City for those of you that have a sweet tooth when it comes to coffee!
3. If you’re looking for a cozy, at home atmosphere when getting your cup of coffee, Scribbles is the place to be. Scribbles is on 237 N. Water Street not too far from campus. They carry a wide variety of organic coffee, teas and other pastries. The coffee shop also supports local artists, musicians and community projects, so there is always something going on! They also hold open mic nights, poetry readings and impromptu jam sessions with local musicians! They are open Monday-Thursday 6:30am – 10:00pm, Fri: 6:30am – 11:00pm, Saturday 7:30am – 11:00pm, and Sundays 7:00am – 7:00pm.
4. Bent Tree Coffee Roasters is very unique from other coffee shops in Kent. Bent Tree seeks out Fair Trade and organic coffees to use and sell in their shop! They’re open Monday through Friday from 7:00am – 5:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Bent Tree has a wide range of coffee with so many imports that there’s a coffee for everyone. I highly recommend everyone go on down and check it out!
5. The nearest Starbucks to campus is right across from Rockwell Hall on 436 E. Main Street. Whether you’re going to get your carmel macchiato fix or you’re craving a birthday cake pop this Starbucks is a Kent favorite. The service is great, the baristas are so nice and genuinely get to know their customers. If you’re struggling to pick a drink at the counter don’t be surprised if a barista asks to make a special drink for you. The service in wonderful, the upstairs is cozy with plenty couches and chairs and there’s plenty of Kent State students coming in and out at all hours.