Top 10 Easter Basket Stuffers for 2024

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Valentine’s Day is now over and we all know what that means…the Easter Bunny is, indeed, on his way. If you’re anything like me, then you probably have absolutely no idea what to ask the big, fluffy bunny to put in your basket. But no need to fret, I have you covered. I have listed the top 10 Easter basket essentials that I believe you need in your basket this year. Easter Bunny, if you’re reading this, take notes.

1. candy

Now, I feel like this may be a pretty obvious one, but you can never go wrong with a little bit of sweets. Every year for Easter I make sure that candy is at the top of my list. Some of my favorite candies include Crunch Bars, Sour Patch Kids and Haribo Goldbears. To be honest, I have never been the biggest fan of jelly beans and Robin Eggs, but those are definitely more of the traditional Easter candies to go with.

2. skincare

One thing that I truly believe is that it is never too late to get into skincare. About two years ago was when I really started to get into taking care of my skin, and it has honestly changed my life for the better. While it is true that some skincare products can be on more of the pricey end, there are some very affordable products that I like. Some of my favorites include the Foaming Facial Cleanser from CeraVe and Bio-Oil Skincare Body Oil. Why not start off your skincare journey this Easter season? Give it a try!

3. books

If you know anything about me, then you know that I am not a big reader. I have tried to get more into reading, as of recently, but nothing has stuck. I am still tying to find that good book that I can’t put down. This year something that I am planning on asking the Easter Bunny for is a book. My goal for 2024 is to read as many books as possible (so far this goal isn’t going well, but that’s okay), so it is time to get my collection started!

4. Board games

This may seem like another very random Easter Basket suffer, but I think something like a board game is a great idea. I know, personally, that I have not played a ton of board games in my life, so being able to get a good board game in my basket would be perfect. I feel as though nowadays people are so tied to their devices that they really don’t take the time to appreciate playing a game that isn’t through a screen. One game that I recently got into is Monopoly. I won’t lie, I am not the best at the game, but being able to sit down and take in time with my family is all I need. So go play some Monopoly and Shoots and Ladders with your loved ones this Easter! Who knows, you may be the next Monopoly pro.

5. journal/planner

Believe it or not, journaling is my new found love. I will journal things such as vacations, concerts and even small get togethers with my friends. I am the kind of person that loves to capture the moment. Not to mention, journals are super affordable and convenient. Going off of this, something else that I have found to be a life saver is planners. I have had a planner on me for as long as I can remember. I will write down things such as meetings, homework, when I work, breaks and more. If you are someone that is more forgetful and unorganized, I definitely recommend adding a planner and/or journal to your list this Easter. You can thank me later.

6. blanket

There aren’t many things in life that compare to the feeling of laying in bed with a warm, fuzzy blanket around you. Just like the journal, this is another affortable basket stuffer to ask for this year. Even though I definitely have way too many blankets to count, I will still be adding this to my list. You can’t go wrong with it!

7. starbucks

Starbucks. This is my one addiction in life. Whenever I have the opportunity to ask for Starbucks, I will. If you are a coffee lover, then this is an obvious stuffer to have. You could ask for the Starbucks drinks that you can purchase at the store, some Starbucks gift cards or both. One thing is for sure, and that is that you can never go wrong with a little bit of caffeine in your life.

8. gum

Anna Schultz-Girl Blowing Bubble In Arcade
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

This may seem pretty boring, but I seriously think that a great stuffer for Easter Baskets is gum. Believe it or not, gum is the one thing that I find myself running out of the most. It feels like one day I will purchase a pack, and the next day it is gone. If I could have just a few packs of gum in my basket this year, I really think it would help me out a lot in the long run.

9. water bottle

One thing that I believe everyone needs, no matter who you are, is a go to water bottle. I have gone through so many different kinds of water bottles, and my top two favorites are Owala and Stanley. Both are insulated, which I love, because then the drinks stay colder for longer. While this can be more on the expensive end of things, depending on what water bottle you get, I really do believe that it will be beneficial in the long run. Trust me.

10. jewelry

Last, but certainly not least, another great idea to add to your list for your Easter Basket for 2024 is some nice jewelry. I am obsessed with gold jewelry at the moment. You will only catch me wearing gold hoops, earrings, bracelets, etc. I honestly think that a pop of jewelry can add so much to an outfit. One of my favorite places to go for my jewelry is actually Target, and they are super affordable.

I know it may be tough to think about what to include on your Easter Basket stuffer list, but hopefully by now you have a better sense of what to ask for. Keep in mind, these are just ideas. The world is your oyster. Ask for a puppy or a monkey! Who knows, maybe the Easter Bunny will make those dreams come true.

Drew Berkshire

Kent State '26

Drew Berkshire is a communication studies major at Kent State University with a minor in public relations and theater performance. In her free time she enjoys performing, watching reality TV, shopping and drinking coffee!!